Chapter 1: New Studio?

I don't know if I'm the only one who sometimes just listens to my alarm, not wanting to turn it off because once you do you have to get ready to face life. Sadly this is one of those days where I don't want to get out of bed, where I want to stay cuddled in my blankets and watch some Marvel movies.

"Dad!" but being a single father ruins those chances.

I take a deep breath and turn my alarm off just in time for my 6 year old daughter Ellianna to barge through my bedroom door.

"Dad if you don't get up we're going to be late" she says all frustrated.

"Can we not go today, can we just have a daddy daughter day?" I ask watching her eyes widen.

"Dad I love you but-" she tails off making me laugh and run my fingers through my tangled bed hair,

"I can't miss today, Ms. Carson wants to speak to you anyway" she explains making me nod.

"Okay well, go get dressed and I'll meet you in the kitchen for some breakfast" she nods and runs off to her room making me smile.

She looks exactly like her mother especially with her bright blonde hair, the only part of me I see in her is her eyes, she's got my blue eyes but other from that her personality is exactly like her mother.

I quickly get dressed, fix my hair and brush my teeth before going to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"What's for breakfast?" my daughter asks walking through the door wearing her black leotard with pink tights.

"I was thinking about some toast with Nutella b-"

"Dad" she cuts me off whining.

"You didn't let me finish" I laugh "I thought it would be better to have french toast and scrambled eggs" I say making her smile.

"That's better" she says sitting on the bar stool watching me cook.

Since Riley came to visit when she was 4 she has been obsessed with ballet. She begged me to put her in classes and once I did she wanted more and because of that she goes every single day to the studio where she trains her butt off. Her mind was or I mean is set to become a professional ballet dancer and that means she has to eat healthy.

"So why does Ms. Carson want to talk to me?" I ask trying to make some conversation.

"Well you know she likes you-" she starts making me roll my eyes.

"Elli" I warn, being single has it's disadvantages sometimes "I don't know" she shrugs.

I hand her her plate and she immediately digs in, "You do know you're going to have to wear you're sweatpants and sweater over that right?" I ask motioning at her outfit with my fork.

"I know" she rolls her eyes "But could you do my bun please?" She asks making me nod.

I had learned how to do ballet buns for many reasons, but the main one was because my six year old couldn't do it properly so I technically had no choice.

~🎭~

"You ready baby girl?" I ask Ellianna as I park the car in front of the studio, "Mhm" she hums.

"Okay then let's go".

We both get out of the car and walk hand in hand to the front door of the studio. "Good morning" Ellianna says brightly as we walk in front of the reception.

"Good morning sweety" Sophia the receptionist says "Good morning Sophia" I say making her smile "Morning Josh".

We make it to Elli's class and like every single day we are the first ones there, "Good morning El" Ms. Carson also known as Lise says "Good morning Ms. Carson" Elli says walking to the corner of the room where she gets ready.