Chapter 5: This can't be happening

"Plié, 5, 6 ,7 ,8" I say whilst clapping me hands to keep the rhythm going, "Relevé, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Carole strong legs keep yourself steady!" I shout "Straighter arms Zoe!" I yell as I watch my students go through the exercise once more before calling it a day.

This is my last lesson of the day and I was quite thrilled about it since I have been teaching from 6 in the morning and it is now 9:43pm. Once I opened my studio I had been working non-stop to try and earn more money to keep this place going, but after a while my dad thought I was over working so we decided to hire another teacher, and now I usually have a broken down schedule so I can relax and have some time to myself but the other teacher couldn't make it today so I had to fill in for her other classes.

I quickly run my class through their last stretch before they all line up, "Thank you Ms. Hunter" they chant making a smile pull at my lips. "You're welcome, good job to everyone, you are now dismissed" they smile and usher out of the building. I quickly go to the front door of the building and turn the 'Closed' sign on.

I walk back to the studio and sigh looking around, this was my favourite time of the day. Being a dance teacher with a full schedule I never have time to dance, and when I do I'm usually exhausted. I press play on my ipod which is connected to the studio's speakers and start to dance getting lost in the music and each movement.

Ding. I quickly stop halfway on my pirouette and groan. I walk towards my phone, I press the home button and see a message from Jenny. Jenny is the receptionist of the company, so she's basically in charge of  signing in children and adults and the payment our company has to do and all that, you know a typical receptionist job. I look at the time and see that's it's already 10: 42pm making my eyes widen. I quickly pack my stuff and slip on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt before leaving the building and heading to my apartment.

The HBS quickly became a well known ballet studio and I had gained enough money to buy a decent apartment. I walk inside and find the apartment as I always do, empty. After a horrible break up in college, I decided to take a break from dating and focus on myself. Not to speak of the Someday plan Josh and I had made which ended in a complete disaster. I wonder how he is right now, or how he's daughter is.

I shake my head, and walk to my bedroom where I quickly grab my pyjamas and head to the bathroom to take a shower. I quickly strip my clothes off and go under the cold shower, letting the water cascade down my body.

After a relaxing shower, I quickly slip on my sweatpant and tank top before brushing my hair and putting it in a messy bun. My stomach grumbles warning me that I haven't eaten yet making me sigh. I walk to the kitchen and pull the fridge open only finding yogurt and a bottle of water. I really have to go shopping. I decide to take the yogurt and eat it in my bed.

I walk back to my bedroom and climb in my bed before putting the Tv on and surfing through the channels. I decide on Law & Order and snuggle under the covers before peacefully eating my yogurt and falling asleep.

~🎭~

Knock Knock
I turn around and see Jenny peeking her head through the door and motioning for me to come to her. I lift my hand putting a finger up and mouthing 'one minute'. She nods and leaves whilst I turn around to the other dance teacher, Heather, she was telling me a story about her dog whilst her students got ready. "Sorry, but please tell me the end of the story at lunch" she chuckles and nods before I quickly leave the room and go to the reception.

"What's up Jenny?" I ask leaning in front of her desk. 

"Did you get my message yesterday?" She asks making me furrow my eyebrows and slowly nod. I did remember getting one from her but I also did remember not opening it.

"Yes" I reply dragging the s. She furrows her eyebrows clearly realizing that I'm lying.

"So are you going to let the kid in?" She asks, confusion starts to take over and I sigh.

"I got the message I just forgot to open it" I admit making her shake her head.

"Maya it's the fourth time you don't open my messages, do you hate me? Is that why you don't open them?" She ask making me immediately shake my head.

"What? Jenny no! I don't hate you, I just know that your messages have to do with work and sometimes and I don't feel like dealing with work when I'm outside or relaxing at home" I admit.

"That's understandable but what if it's something important or urgent? Just please start checking them, and if you don't feel like dealing with them that's ok, but just make sure you know what's going on" I nod and she smiles.

"So what's this story about letting a kid in?" I ask.

"Oh, um, the Philadelphia Ballet Company sent an audition of one of their kids." She explains.

After the two first year of the opening of the HBS so many children and teenagers wanted to be a part of it. It was truly amazing but we couldn't manage that many people so we decided to audition the dancers to see if we'd let them in. Obviously after deciding this, rumours went around that we only accepted the best because we were so professional. That is partially true.  "Really?" I ask making her nod "She's quite good" She say making me raise my eyebrows "Can I see?" I ask hopefully, she nods and I pull a chair in front of her desk before sitting. "Ready?" She ask making me nod.

She presses the play button and the little girl starts dancing. She can't be over 10 years old but the way she dances is so inspiring, she shows an amazing amount of emotion and her techniques is almost perfect. Once she finishes her dance I find myself staring at the screen wide eye and speechless making Jenny laugh, "I told you she was good" she says making me nod "How old is she?" I ask turning to face her, "um" she trails off as she looks through the email to get the information "Six almost seven" she says "What?" I exclaim not believing her "Well it says right here that she's six" Jenny says pointing to the screen, "Let me see" I say moving the computer in front of me. As soon as I see her name my eyes widen. It couldn't possibly be her. Ellianna Matthews. Josh's daughter. I check her birthday and fair enough that was the day Josh lost his wife, became a father and the last day he ever talked to me. "Oh my god" I murmur, this can't be happening.
____________________________
Hope you all liked Maya's Point of View, if you did please vote, comment,

Or...

Whatever you want.

-Mel❤