Chapter 23: Spending time

Maya's Pov
"Come on Elli" I encourage the seven year old who's working on the barre.

"Straighten your leg" I warn watching her slowly lift her leg. After she choose the dance she wanted to do, we decided to make her work on the barre, and Josh left saying he needed to go run some quick errands.

"That's it" I smile "Good girl" I compliment. She bites her lip and moves her leg higher making me raise my eyebrows in amazement.

She has a strength and felxibility that truly blew my mind away sometime. "Jeez that is super good" I gush making her giggle.

"And again" she nods and does the movements again whilst I watch carefully to correct her on the smallest things, but the truth is she barely needed any.

"Relax your shoulders a bit" she lowers her shoulders but her leg bends. "Careful with your leg" she nods and immediately straightens it.

I hear the door open and I look up seeing Josh walk in through the reflection of the mirror. "You're back" I say making him look up "Yeah" he smiles taking a seat on the couch.

"Do it once more and you're done for the day" I say making Elli nod. I walk towards Josh and take a seat on the arm rest of the couch.

"How she doing?" Josh asks curiously as I keep my gaze on his daughter. "Honestly" I sigh looking at him "She has an amazing strength, the way she holds herself up and when she jumps as well, it's just" I trail off shaking my head as I look for the right words.

"She was born to dance" I finally say seeing a wide smile on Josh's face. "She'll go far Josh" I admit.

He nods and looks back at his daughter "That's her dream and I want her to achieve it".

"Done" Elli says turning to face us, leaving her injured foot off the ground.

Josh stands up and walks towards her. He opens his arms and picks her up, twirling her around making her laugh.

"My little princess ballerina" he kisses her cheek and hugs her tight making a smile pull at my lips.

"Ready to go home?" He asks pulling away to look at his daughter but she looks at me.

"Only if Maya comes" she says making Josh look at me.

"Sweety I don't know if Maya will be able to come every night now, she loves spending time with you but she's also busy" Josh explains carefully.

Elli nods "I know, but you never asked her if she was busy tonight" she says matter of factly making me chuckle. I had to give it to you that girl is smart. "Or if she wanted to have dinner with us" she adds making Josh sigh.

"Maya" he smiles walking towards me. "Yes" I smile making him chuckle, "If you are not busy tonight, we would like for you to join us for dinner at my place".

"Well that's very thoughtful of the both of you" I say seeing Josh shake his head in amusement. "And I would love to have dinner with the both you" I add seeing both their smile widen.

I had to say yes. Spending time with the two of them became something I admittedly enjoyed to do. I used to dread going back to my apartment, it was always so lonely and I always seem to be craving some company.

~🎭~

"Uno!" Elli yells making Josh and I groan, "I win" she says excitedly "Again" Josh and I say acting devastated. We might've let her win the past four games but everytime she won, her face would light up and her smile would almost reach her eyes. It was adorable and after each game it became something I loved seeing.

"You know what you win?" Josh says making his daughter's eyes widen "What? An ice cream?" She asks cupping her face.

"No you already had one" Josh say making her pout "So?" She questions "I won four games shouldn't I deserve another ice cream?" See, a smart sneeky little girl.

"No, you miss Ellianna win a trip to bed" Josh says throwing his hands up making me chuckle.

"Aw" she pouts looking at her father unamused, "Come on honey it's time for you to get some rest" Josh says making her sigh "But I like spending time with you and Maya" she admits making my heart swell "I do to honey but tomorrow you're going to have a big day" I say making her look up at me.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to walk again" she smiles again "Okay I'm ready for bed" She says opening her arms for her dad to carry her.

~ 🎭~

Josh's Pov

I look up from my daughter who peacefully fell asleep whilst Maya and I were telling her a story, to see Maya smiling down at her. She looks up at me a few seconds after and our eyes lock.

"Come on" I whisper standing up and reaching my hand out for her to take. She intertwines our fingers together and I lead her out of the room and into the living room.

"So I think I'm going to head out" she says making my smile fall. I wanted her to stay. I wanted to spend more time with the gorgeous blonde. She made me happy.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" I ask making a small smile pull at her lips.

"As much as I want to I can't" she says sadly shaking her head and taking a step back.

"You can" I assure her taking a step forwards, "Stay" I whisper grabbing her hip and pulling her closer to me making her gasp.

"Josh" she sighs looking up at me, "I want to be with you Maya" I admit "I want to spend time with you, I want to be wherever you go because you make me happy, and I want to make you happy as well".

"I love spending time with you and Elli as well. I used to feel alone but ever since I started spending time with the both of you, I feel" she trails off making my face soften.

"So stay" I insist caressing her cheek. "I want to but not tonight" she says making my smile fall, "Hey" she says cupping my face making me look at her, "I'll stay next time, when I actually have some change of clothes" I nod and lean forwards pressing my lips against hers. She kisses me back and I can't help but smile throughout the kiss. I missed her lips. One kiss from her was all I needed to get addicted.

She pulls away and rests her forehead against mine. "I'll see you tomorrow" I nod "Have a safe drive home" this time she smiles and nods before pulling me into a hug.

My arms wrap around her small frame, and I kiss her forehead. "You sure you don't want to stay?" I ask once more making her chuckle.

"I'm sure" I unwrap my arms around her and she takes a step back. "Goodnight" I kiss her cheek "Night Josh" she smiles before leaving my apartment, and leaving me alone for the night.

____________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do whatever you want.

-Mel❤