Chapter 16: Admitting

Josh's Pov
"Josh?" I turn around and come face to face with the gorgeous blonde. Fuck there goes my plan. "What are you doing here?" She asks curiously. Well I'm here spying on your date because I like you and Riley is babysitting my daughter, you know a typical Sunday night thing to do. "I uh needed to get out a little" I lie watching her slowly nod "Who's Elli staying with?" She asks "Riley" I reply.

We stay in a comfortable silence and I take time to admire her outfit. I saw her walking into the restaurant and saw her outfit but it was nothing like having her in front of me. Her see through black button up made her black lace bra visible and made me want to thear it off her body. And let's not talk about her tight black skinny jeans that accentuated her ass perfectly.

"So where's your date?" I asks pretending not to know I just saw her walk out on him. Oh you should've seen the smile on my face when I saw her get up and leave. "Oh" she says looking back at the restaurant "Um" she stutters not knowing what to say, after a few seconds of her not answering I decide to let it slide "Do you want to grab some food?" I ask curiously, she looks up at me and nods.

"Come on" I grab her hand and lead her to a another restaurant around the corner. We get a booth and she sighs "I walked out on my date" she admits making my eyes widen, she doesn't need to know I stalked her. "Why?" I ask trying to act confused and surprised. She groans and runs her fingers through her beautiful long blonde hair, "He wasn't who I thought he was" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, now this I did not know. It wasn't like I could hear their conversation.

"He ordered me a salade whislt he got beef and suggested we work out together" she explains making me chuckle. If anyone knew Maya they would know she loves her food and would never order for her, unless your like me and you know her favourite food. "Now I know why he looks so hot" she admits making me laugh, "Stop laughing" she says a smile pulling at her lips whilst she attempts not to laugh "It's not funny" she argues, but I can see she wants to laugh as well "It is" I admit calming down.

"Hello my name is Kaitlyn and I'll be your waitress tonight, can I start the both of you with some drinks?"

Maya's Pov
Don't tell Josh I'm thinking this but I'm actually glad I found him and that we get to eat together. "She likes you" I admit chuckling whilst I take a bite of my french fry, unlike Kevin Josh let me order what I wanted and we both ended up with burgers.

"What?" He asks confused, smiling whilst licking his fingers that were filled with ketchup. "The waitress seems to like you" I repeat seeing his eyebrows furrow before he shrugs "Well too bad, she's not my type" he replies making a smile pull at my lips.

"So why did you need to get out?" I ask curiously, I watch as he thinks before he finally answers "I just wanted a night out" he says, but instead it sounded like a question. I raise my eyebrows and sigh "Fine don't tell me" I snip taking another bite of my burger.

I know Josh, we've spent years together and I know he's lying. He sighs and takes a sip of his water. "It's not that I don't want to tell you" he starts "It's more like I'm embarrassed to tell you" he admits.

A smile pulls at my lips as I shake my head in amusement, "Why would you be embarrassed?"

He groans and looks around avoiding eye contact with me, "Josh we used to be best friends" I start reaching out for his hand "We used to always talk to each other, we never lied or kept something from each other" I watch as his face softens "I might've stalked you" he admits closing his eyes whilst mine widen.

"You what?" I must've heard him wrong "When you told me you had a date with that guy I just wanted to make sure he was treating you right, so I might've asked Riley to ask where he was taking you and asked her if she could babysit Elli" I stare at him in shock as he looks at me worridely.

"I'm sorry, I know I invaded your personal life but I just couldn't help myself" he explains and suddenly a realisation hits me. Let's see if he can admit it.

"Why would you want to see if he was treating me right? I thought you didn't care about me?" I question.

"I care about you a lot Maya" he admits making a smile pull at my lips "I just didn't want to see you hurt" be adds.

"Why not?" I press, he eyes me sceptically and I know he's figured out what I'm trying to do.

"What do you want me to say?" He asks "The truth" I whisper.

He takes a deep breath and starts "Maya ever since I saw you in your studio I can't stop thinking about you. You're always on my mind whether it's an old memory I get or a conversation we had" my eyes widen as I start to realise what he's about to do, I thought he was just jealous, but no, this was more than being jealous. "And when you told me you had a date with another guy well I didn't really enjoy that fact. I kept wondering id he was good enough for you and if he would treat you like you were supposed to be treated. I talk to Riley and she helped me figure out why I felt like this. The truth is" he takes another deep breath "I like you" my breath hitches and my heart beats faster.

__________________________
YAY!! He finally told Maya how he felt! Please comment down below how you think Maya will react!
And if you enjoyed this chapter please vote,

Or...

Do whatever make a smile appear on that beautiful face of yours!!

-Mel❤