Chapter 26: Girls night

Josh's Pov
'Like a family' this sentence stayed with me troughout the night. Something about it just made me feel so happy and yet sad.

Hearing Elli say that she considers Maya a part of our little duo made me feel happy. I was happy that she liked Maya and got on with her so well, but it made me feel sad beause of the thing she was missing.

A mother. I knew she wanted Maya to take on that role, but a part of me was terrified that Maya isn't ready for that kind of thing.

"Daddy" Elli whines snapping me out of my thoughts again. I have been drifting out of reality ever since we sat down.

"See" Elli says looking back at Maya who's chuckling.

"What?" I ask looking at the both of them confused.

"Your daughter asked you if she could have some ice cream like four times and you didn't answer her" Maya explain making me look at Elli who has her arms crossed in front of her chest and is looking at me expectantly.

"Sure go ahead kiddo" I say making a smile pull at her lips.

"Thanks daddy" she says before hopping out of her seat and making her way to the counter where they are selling the ice cream.

"Are you okay Josh?" Maya asks looking at me worriedly. I sigh but nod, "Yeah, I just got a lot on my mind" I explain making her slowly nod.

"Anything I can help with?" She questions making me bite my lip. I quickly glance at Elli and sigh.

"Maybe" I admit, "Maya you know I really like you and so does Elli. You're basically her idol, she loves you" I say seeing her smile.

"I never thought that I'd actually end up liking someone or wanting to stay with anyone else. Or hearing my daughter say things that make me feel like there can be a chance again" I ramble looking down at my hands until I look up.

"Um" I bite my lip "I'm rambling I'm sorry" I apologize making her shake her head and reach for my hand.

"No, no keep going" she giggles "I want to know what you were going to say" she says making me take a deep breath.

"What I think I was going to say" I start glancing at my daughter who's ordering her ice cream.

"Is, would you be my girlfriend?" I ask looking back at Maya's grogeous blue eyes.

She let's out a small giggle but nods making my heart skip a beat. "Of course" she says making me smile, "I don't get why you were so nervous to ask me" she laughs, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"I don't know either" I say as Elli sits back down on her seat.

"What did you get beautiful?" Maya asks glancing at her cup, "Strawberry" Elli smile.

"Mm" Maya hums "Is it good?" She questions making Elli nod.

"Very" she admits "Wanna taste?" She asks holding her spoon out for Maya.

"Maybe a little bite" Maya smiles taking the spoon from Elli and scooping a little ice cream out of the small plastic cup.

The spoon lands in her mouth and she hums in delight. "It is very good" she admits making both Elli and I smile.

"Can I taste?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah" Elli says handing me the spoon. Unlike Maya I take a lot making my daughter's eyes widen.

"Hey" she whines making me laugh as I quickly put the spoon in my mouth.

~ 🎭~

Maya's Pov
"Are you serious?" Josh whines over the phone as I quickly galnce up at him.

We had just gotten back to his place and Elli suggested to watch a movie. We we're all snuggled up and watched about 5 minutes of the movie until Josh got a phone call.

He's been on it for about 10 minutes and I'm starting to get a little worried because he doesn't sound happy at all.

He groans and runs his fingers through his hair. "Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can" he says before hanging up the phone.

He walks back to the living room and sits on the arm rest of the couch.

"What's going on daddy?" Elli asks looking up at her father.

"A worker at the shop broke the security system and they need me there now" He explains looking more than annoyed.

"At night?" Elli asks confused "Can't they wait until the morning?" She asks hopefully but Josh shakes his head.

"It's very important sweetheart" he says before looking back at me, "Could you watch her? I'll be back as soon as I can" I nod and a smile pulls at his lips.

"Thank you" he says before standing up and walking towards me, leaning down to kiss the top of my head.

"Bye baby girl" he says leaning down to hug his daughter. She wraps her arms around him and he kisses her cheek. "Be good to Maya" he warns before pulling away from her.

"Always" she smiles.

"Bye" Josh says making Elli and I wave at him. He leaves the house and I turn my attention to Elli and smile, but she frowns.

"You okay honey?" I ask but she shakes her head.

"I hate when he leaves" she says crossing her arms over her chest.
"Does he leave a lot?" I question.

"He used to all the time, he dropped me off at dance and picked me up at 8, he'd drop me off at grandma's after and he'd leave for work" she explains.

"I doubt he's going to do that now" I assure her, taking her petit hand in mine.

"I have an idea" I smile "We can have  a girls night" I suggest making a wide smile pull at her lips.

"But you're going to have to go to bed a little early because tomorrow we're going to learn the choreography for our duet" I say making her nod.

"I never had a girl's night before" she admits all excitedly.

~🎭~

I'm woken up by the sound of a door opening and closing and I know Josh is finally back. I hear him unbuckle his belt and throw his shirt on a chair before feeling him climb into bed.

I turn around and face him. "Hey gorgeous" he says pulling me closer "Sorry to wake you" he kisses my forehead.

"What time is it?" I mutter snuggling deeper into his arms.

"2" he sighs "I'm sorry I'm so late, a lot happened at the store and" he trails off rubbing his face "it was a mess".

"It's okay" I assure him.

"How was Elli?" He questions.

"She was a bit disappointed that you left but we had a girl's night and she enjoyed it" I explain.

He smiles and caresses my cheek lovingly, "Thank you" I smile and shake my head "Don't thank me" I take his hand in my and kiss the back of it.

"Get some sleep" he nods and kisses my forehead before I close my eyes and drift off to sleep, safe and sound in the arms of my boyfriend.

___________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote! Comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go read my two new books!😉

-Mel❤