Chapter 35: End of the Show

"Elli!" I exclaim kneeling down as she walks off stage. She giggles and runs towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I did it" she gushes making me nod, I pull away to look at her.

"All of you were just amazing" I admit looking at everyone, they all smile and start hugging each other only to be interrupted by Riley, "You all did good, but you have to go change for your next dance, come on".

"Riley's right" I agree standing up and taking Elli's hand in mine. "Let's get you ready for the next dance". We walk to the changing room and I hand Elli her second costume piece. A few seconds later she comes out of the bathroom with her skin coloured costume, "Can you do my hair?" She asks curiously putting her other costume piece on the bench next to her other stuff.

"Off course sweetheart, come here so I can do your make up as well" she nods and scurried over to me. "Turn" she turns making her back face me. I pull her hair out of the two ponytails and start putting up in a bun, leaving 2 front strands down. Once the bun is done I quickly braid the 2 strands and wrap it around the bun. "Test it out" she moves her head around to make sure her hair is secured and after a few more second she stops. "Clear" she smiles.

"Okay" I breathe out picking up a make up pallette. I apply light coat before  adding silver glitter on the corner of her eyelids. "2 minutes" Riley yells before rushing out of the changing room.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask glancing at everyone. They all nod and I usher them out to make sure they all ready to go on stage.

~🎭~

The audience starts cheering for another amazing group dance and I can't help but clap along with them.  Ellianna had done so well in her group dances that it's impossible to guess that she hurt her ankle. The next song starts up again and I can't help the grin that's  forming on my lips as Elli's solo song comes on.

Seconds later she comes out in her gorgeous black and red tutu, her hair braided into a bun with head pieces that look like roses. I bite my lip and sit on the edge of my seat as I watch her dance. She's doing every step right making her movement look light, effortless and easy. "She's amazing" I hear a parent murmur causing my smile to widen, that was an understatement, Ellianna is more than amazing.

She worked so hard to be where she is right now and to see that it's finally paying off is surreal. I honestly couldn't wait to see what the future has in store for her.

~🎭~

"She's doing amazing" Riley compliment as she watches Elli dance her solo. "I couldn't agree more" I say not once taking my eyes away from the dancing seven year old. When her song finally comes to an end she gracefully moves into her last pose and the audience remains quiet for a few seconds, in shock of what the little girl just performed before a loud roar of applause sounds from the audience. Riley and I laugh seeing Elli's shocked expression, she quickly bows before moving to the side of the stage.

"You miss Ellianna are the definition is amazing" I say when she reaches me. "Congrats sweetie" I add pulling her in for a hug. "Thank you" she breathe out as she is still trying to catch her breath.

"Go change for our duet, Riley help her whilst I watch the other group dance." Riley nods and takes Elli's hand before ushering her to the changing room.

Elli's and I's duet was the middle part of this group dance. The story was simple as it has only one meaning, the best Christmas present you can give someone is love.

~🎭~

As Maya walks out in her breathtaking white tutu, all the air leaves my lungs. She looked stunning and her presence on the stage is overwhelming in a good way. All her students slowly move to the side of the stage as Maya dances elegantly on the stage. Suddenly Elli comes out in a matching white tutu dancing along Maya and I feel like I achieved life in this exact moment. They compliment each other beautifully, dancing exactly along with each other not missing one step and I find myself being mesmerized.