Chapter 19: Fear

Josh's Pov
"So Maya likes you as well?" Elli randomly asks. I look down at her and see her eyebrows raised as she waits for my answer. It's been a week since we found out Smackle was going to attend the Annual Winter Showcase, and a week filled with dances to choreograph.

"Yeah" I slightly smile seeing a smile of her own appear before she furrows her eyebrows "Then why haven't you asked her out yet?" She questions making me sigh. I run my fingers through my hair and answer, "It's complicated sweety".

She looks at me for a while before speaking again, "How? You both like each other" I nod "We do" I agree "But Maya is very busy and its not the right time to ask her" I explain.

"Yes it is" my daughter argues, "You can help her with the show" she suggest. I did try during the past week to figure out a way to ask Maya out, the truth is I am a bit terrified to let the words leave my mouth. I had so many opportunities and yet once I saw her, my mind goes crazy and I can't let the phrase 'will you go on a date with me?' slip past my mouth.

"Daddy are you scared?" She asks giggling "You know what it's time to go" I say avoiding her question.

~🎭~

Maya's Pov.
It's normal for someone to go insane when they're hosting a show in a less than 8 weeks. Especially when someone famous is going to be coming to watch.

So you'll probably find me in the studio 24/7 choreographing a group dance or a solo, or even planning costumes and props. Overall I'm everywhere doing everything.

Except right now I'm having a private with Ellianna. I talked to her about her solo and we haven't exactly worked out which one she liked best. She had to pick tomorrow so she could start rehearsing. Eight weeks isn't enough to perfect a dance but I believed in Ellianna and told her she could compete in a few competitions if everything went well.

"Stretch that foot" I warn. I wanted to work on her flexibility today because most of the dances I have in mind require a lot of it. Don't get me wrong Ellianna is extremely flexible but working on it wouldn't hurt, in fact it will make her even more flexible.

"Good girl" I say making her drop her foot. "Go on the bar and do the same thing except this time you'll oversplit it" she nods and walks to the wall. She places her foot on the bar and holds herself on each side before slowly backing her foot on the floor. She continues to move backwards until she reaches an oversplit.

"Would you want to go on a date with my father?" She asks taking me aback, that was the last thing I was expecting her to ask. "Why are you asking that?" I question looking at her curiously.

She shrugs as a small smile pulls at her lips, "You both like each other" she says make me nod "Wouldn't you want to go on a date?" She asks.

"It's complicated sweetheart" I sigh. The truth was I really wanted to go out with Josh but for some reason there was something stopping me, that or the fact he hasn't asked me yet.

"You both say it's complicated but it's not" Elli argues "What you'd you say if he asked you?" She questions "Switch foot" I instruct before answering her question. "I don't know" I shrug making her groan in frustration, as I realise I'm talking about my love life to a seven year old who's dad I like.

"Come on" she whines making me chuckle "It's not that har-" I cut her off "Yes" I answer taking her aback "What?" She asks her eyebrows raising as I chuckle "I'd say yes" I admit making the biggest smile appear on her face.

"Really?" She questions, I nod.

"Okay enough about that, let's work on jumps" I say walking towards the middle of the room. "Let's start with saut de chats" she nods and position herself in the middle of the room.

~🎭~

Josh's Pov
There has always been one thing I feared when Ellianna started ballet, and that was her getting injured. Throughout her dancing years she's been through quite a few injuries, although none of them were bad. She suffered through a few terrible rips, pulling leg muscles and even losing a toe nail, but nothing prepared me when Maya called me saying Elli probably broke her foot.

I rush through the door of the hospital room and basically sprint up to the room number Maya texted me. Once I find it, I push the door open and find my daughter lying on a hospital bed with a bag of ice of her foot as Maya wipes the tears from her face.

"Elli" her head snaps in my direction and more tears form in her eyes. "Sweety" I say walking towards her. I cup her face and wipe her tears with my thumb "Are you okay baby girl?" I ask, she shakes her head and more tears fall from her eyes making my heart break. I pull her in for a hug and look up at Maya who's fidgeting with her fingers.

"What happened?" I ask pulling away slightly so I can look at Maya properly. She sighs and runs her fingers through her hair before answering, "She was working on jumps and she was in the middle of doing one when a random door in the the building slammed shut causing her to fall pretty badly on her landing" she explains, "What do you mean a door slammed shut?" I asked confused "I'm not sure who left a door open but it slammed shut making a loud noice, and it startled Ellianna".

I sigh and pull back from my daughter to look at her foot, "Can I lift the ice?" I question but Maya shakes her head "I wouldn't,  you can hurt her by moving her foot" I nod and take a deep breath, this is great.

"The doctor will be here in a few minutes, she took an x-ray to see if she broke something" Maya adds. "Do you think it's broken?" I curiously ask, she shrugs and opens her mouth to say something but she gets interrupted by the door opening.

"I have some news" a man in a white lab coat says without looking up from the papers in his hands. "Oh" he says once his eyes land on me "You must be the father" I nod and he shakes my hand "I'm doctor Carl" I nod once more and he continues.

"After looking at the x-ray one thing is made extremely clear, your daughter will not be able to dance" he says making my heart drop as my eyes widen.

___________________________
Oh no!
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do whatever you want.

-Mel❤