Chapter 10: Unexpected Lunch visit

Josh's Pov
"It was amazing" my daughter gushes as she speaks to my mom the next day. After yesterday she couldn't stop talking about how amazing her first day was and since she can't stop talking about it until this morning I decided to make her talk to my mom, she'd want to hear about her first day.

Looking at Elli's schedule that Maya sent me all of her classes seemed to start later in the afternoon which I am extremely thankful for since I get to sleep. Though today I decided to get up early so I can visit Cory, my brother and his wife.

"Um hold on" Elli says looking at me "What are we doing today?" She asks "We're going to visit Uncle Cory and Aunt Topanga"I say making her eyes widen "Really?" She asks shocked "Yes, now finish talking to grandma so we can go" I says making her put the phone back to her ear.

"We're going to see Uncle Cory and Aunt Topanga" she says "Yes really" she giggles making me chuckle.

When she finally hangs up we leave the apartment and walk to the car. "Do you think they'll remember me?" She asks as I drive the familiar road to my brother's apartment. "I'm pretty sure they will" I chuckle "Are you sure?" She asks "I think they're more worried about you not remembering them" I say. The last time she saw them she was about three, but she always got phone calls from them and I showed her pictures so they always stayed on her mind. "I do remember them" she assures me "Good because I don't think they'll be too happy if you didn't" I say looking at her once I parked the car. "Are you ready?" I ask making her nod.

We climb out of the car and Elli immediately takes my hand. Lucky me I have the key so I don't need to get buzzed in. It comes in handy when I want to surprise them. We walk up the stairs and knock when we find their door.

A few seconds pass by before someone finally opens the door. "Maya?" I ask when the blonde opens the door "Maya?" Elli asks right after me. She just looks at the both of us shocked. "Um yeah" she finally says when she comes back to her senses.

"Can we come in?" I ask making her eyes widen "Oh yeah off course" she moves out of the way and I walk in with Elli behind me.

"Josh?" Topanga asks with a huge smile pulling at her lips.

"Hey pangers" I smile walking towards her and pulling her in for a hug.

"Hi Aunt Topanga" Elli says once Topanga and I pull away.

"Oh Ellianna" she kneels down "You've grown so much" she says pulling my daughter in for a hug.

"Ma brother!" Cory exclaims making me turn around finding him at the top of the stairs with his arms wide open and a smile pulled at his lips.

"Ma brother" I say hugging him and patting him on the back.

"What are you doing here?" He asks clearly surprise to see me here.

"Ask this one" I say pointing to Elli who's still getting complimented by Topanga.

"Ellianna!" He shouts running up to her and picking her up, "Uncle Cory!" She giggles.

"Oh my look at you" Cory says putting her down "You look just like your mother" he says making me smile, although it made my heart sink. "Thank you" she smiles.

"Did you see her muscles?" Topanga gushes making me chuckle.

"Jeez" Cory says as Elli flexes for them, "How are you so strong?" He asks as she giggles.

"I'm a ballerina, we have to be strong" she says making everyone look at Maya who nods smiling.

"So what brings you here?" Cory asks sitting down on his couch as I sit on the arm rest.

"Miss Elli wants to be a professional ballerina so her teachers made her go to-"

"The HB studio" she exclaims throwing her hands up as everyone looks at Maya again.

"What?" She asks clearly frustrated that everyone keeps looking at her.

"Nothing let's talk about this during lunch" Topanga says making everyone stand up and go sit and the dinning table.

~🎭~

Maya's Pov
I'm regretting accepting Topanga's offer to have some lunch with her. Off course he'd be here, how did I not see that coming. Now I'm awkwardly sitting next to him trying to eat fast so I can excuse myself and say that I'm going to be late for some fake work, let's just hope they'll believe me.

"So Maya's your teacher?" Cory asks as Elli nods "Is she a good teacher?" He asks making her nod vigorously as I smile "Maya, is Elli good?" Topanga asks as I take a sip of my water before answering.

"She's an amazing dancer" I admit seeing her smile "I had to move her to the advanced" I say seeing Topanga's eyes widen "That good?" She asks looking at her niece who's giggling "Yes".

"Who wants desert?" Topanga asks as I shake my head. My plan did not work, Topanga knows me too well and said, well forced me to stay until desert was done, and trust me that means I'm never going to leave this apartment.

"Elli do you want some ice cream?" Topanga asks as the seven year old shakes her head "No thank you, I have a dnace lesson after and it hurts my tummy if I eat too much" she says making Topanga nod and give her an understanding look.

"Well I'm going to have to go, I gotta class to teach" I excuse myself standing up from my chair.

"So does Elli" Josh says standing up as well.

"Well Maya can take her" Cory says making me turn around to face him with wide eyes.

"Yes so we can talk to Josh" Topanga says encouraging her husband.

"Um" Josh trails off rubbing the back of his neck. Something he always did in an uncomfortable situation. "Is that okay with you Maya?" He asks "I'll come and pick her up later".

I nod "Yeah, no problem" I smile "Elli you ready?" I ask seeing her nod.

"Okay let's go then"

"How comes you know Uncle Cory and Aunt Topanga?" Elli asks as I drive to the studio "Well" I start "Riley is my best friend and your uncle Cory used to be my teacher" I admit quickly glancing at her to see her eyes widening "Uncle Cory was your dance teacher?" She asks confused as I laugh. "No" I shake my head "Riley and I went to the same school and he taught us history" I explain "Oh" she giggles "Well it's nice that you're a part of my family" she smiles.

______________________________

So what did you guys think? Comment down below your thoughts and vote if you like it,

Or...

Do whatever makes you happy.

-Mel❤