Chapter 25: Like a family

Maya's Pov
Waking up in Josh's arms this morning, brings nothing but a smile on my face. Spending the night with Elli and Josh, watching Disney movies, all snuggled up under the blankets, was something I absolutely loved doing.

And I have to admit having a little make out session with Josh before going to bed and having him pull me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist, whispering sweet words into my ear before kissing the top of my head and letting me drift off to sleep, is something I miss.

I miss being in a relationship. I miss the feeling of having someone.

I quietly turn around to face him, and bite my lip to hold back my laughter. His lips are on my forehead, softly tickling me with his warm breath.

I pull away slightly and admire him. His brown hair is a mess and a few strands are covering his eyes, but even though, he looks beyond good. His long eyelashes are peacefully resting against his cheekbones, and his lips are parted as he breathes in and out softly.

I hear a faint giggle and I know Elli is already awake, probably watching cartoons. I climb out of bed as quietly as I can, making sure I don't wake up Josh.

I close the bedroom door behind me and walk out of the hallway, finding Elli just like I expected, on the couch, snuggled under a blanket whilst she watches Disney Channel.

"Morning Elli" I say instantly catching her attention whilst I lean against the door way of the hallway.

"Morning Maya" she smiles brightly.

"What are you watching?" I ask joining her on the couch, "Phineas and Ferb" she replies quickly glancing back at the Tv.

"Isn't that cartoon over already?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. She nods "It is, since it's early in the morning all they do is pass old cartoons on" she explains.

"Is my dad awake?" She asks looking back at me.

"No" I shake my head "should we go make some breakfast and wake him up when it's ready?" She nods and we both make our way to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

~🎭~

Josh's Pov
I wake up alone in my bed and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Where's Maya?

Did she leave when I was sleeping?

A ton of questions run through my mind but they immediately get answered when I hear giggling. A smile pulls at my lips, knowing Maya didn't leave.

I run my fingers through my hair and walk out of my bedroom. The smell of bacon immediately hits my nostril and I find myself walking faster.

I stop in my tracks when I find Maya and Elli in the kitchen. Maya is leaning over Elli, as she shows her how to flip a pancake on the pan.

"Careful" Maya warns as I watch my daughter slowly turn the pancake.

"You did it!" Maya exclaims once Elli finally flipped the pancake. My smile widens when I see Elli turn around with the biggest smile glued to her face.

I clap catching their attention. "Daddy" Elli says running up to me. "Good morning baby girl" I say before picking her up and kissing her cheek.

"We made breakfast" she says motioning to the small table we had in the kichen, that is now set with a bowl of cut out fruits and bacon.

"I noticed, congratulations on flipping a pancake" I say lifting my hand up so she can give me a high five.

"Thank you" she replies happily hitting my hand, "it's all thanks to Maya" she adds making me glance at Maya.

She's putting the last pancake on a plate that's already filled with a bunch of pancakes.

"Good morning Maya" I say placing my daughter on the floor before walking to Maya. "Morning" she smiles leaning against the counter.

"I'll go get my teddy and I'll be right back" Elli says making me glance at her "Don't start without me" she adds making me chuckle.

"Thanks for all this" I say making her smile, "It's nothing" she shrugs as I pull her into my arms.
"Did you sleep okay?" I ask looking down at her. She nods and I smile before leaning down to place a soft kiss in her lips.

She wraps her arms around my neck and I find myself deepening the kiss. Before we go any further, Elli's footsteps catch Maya's attention and she pulls away from me.

"Hope you're hungry" she smiles before walking to the small table.

~🎭~

"Tighter" Maya exclaims as I walk into the room, where Elli is having her private.

I see Maya quickly glance at me and she smiles before watching my daughter dance.

It's been a week since Maya slept over and to be honest it has been so chaotic and all I want to do is snuggle in bed with Maya in my arms.

She's been extremely busy teaching her other students the choreography for the many group dances and solos or duets, that we barely had time to hang out. The only times I saw her was when I dropped Elli off.

We tried to hang out, but Maya always ended up extremely tired and wanted to do nothing but sleep. I couldn't blame her, she was at the studio exactly when the sun came up and stayed there until around 1 am.

I take a seat on the chair placed in the corner of the room and watch my daughter dance. In less than a week she had half the choreography of her solo done. Poor girl, Elli has to remember 5 group dances, a solo and a duet with her and Maya, which they still need to start working on.

I glance at Maya who stopped Elli to show her how to properly do a move and my breath catches in my throat by her move.

Her leggings and her sport bra made my mouth go dry as I watched her do a turn before doing a needle. Her body moved so effortlessly and her leg went so high that I find myself at a loss of words.

~🎭~

Half an hour later and Elli finished her private. Luckily it is Maya's last lesson and it is only 8 pm.

"Dinner?" Maya asks walking towards me. I nod and she smiles, "I'll quickly go get my sweatshirt and put some shoes on and we can go" she says before rushing out of the room.

I quickly help Elli put her sweatpants and sweatshirt over her leotard, before she slips into her shoes.

"I'm hungry" Elli whines as I tie her shoe. "I would be surprised if you weren't" I admit glancing up at her to see her roll her eyes.

"Don't worry, we're going to eat out with Maya" I assure her making her eyes widen.

"Maya?" I nod and her smiles widen.

"You happy she's joining us?" I ask standing up.

"Yeah" she replies taking my hand as we walk to the front of the building.

"When she joins us it's like we're a family"

__________________________
If you liked this chaptermake sure to vote! Comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do something to make yourself happy!

-Mel❤