Chapter 30: "A cute family"

"Josh" I sigh as I try and push him off of me, but it's no use, his lips are glued to my neck and even though his daughter is in the other room, this felt way too good. "Baby, Elli is going to come out any seconds" I warn as I try and push him off again. "Relax" Josh insists "We'll hear the door open and I'll let go of you".

I roll my eyes and bite my lip as I feel him leave an open kiss on my jawline. "If you leave a hickey I will kill you" I warn feeling him smile against my skin.

"I got it!" My eyes widen and I push Josh off. Seconds later the door that leads to Elli's training room is thrown open and an overly excited Ellianna is running towards us.

"Maya I did it" she gushes jumping up and down from excitement. "I did the move, you have to come see" she grabs my hand and attempts to pull me off the couch making me laugh. " Calm down sweetheart, I'm coming" I say rising from the couch.

"Am I not invited to come see what you did?" Josh asks catching our attention. "Am I not worthy?" He questions placing his hand on his chest, feigning hurt.

Elli giggles and let's go of my hand to go towards her dad. "Of course you are daddy" she smiles taking his hand and pulling him off of the couch.

"Come on" she gushes before running of to her room. I shake my head in amusement and look back at Josh with a smile. "She's adorable" I admit as he wraps his arms around me waist. "Like you" he smiles leaning down for a soft kiss.

"Are you coming?" Elli asks making me smile as I pull away from Josh to find her sticking her head out.

I nod and let go of Josh before walking towards her. "I'm going to do the whole routine" she informs me as I stand in the corner of the room. I look around and a smile pulls at my lips. Josh hasn't been in New York very long but from the looks of this room it was obvious they put a lot of effort in it.

There were wall sized mirror on one side of the wall with one barre on the other. Next to the door there were shelves filled with trophies and medals Ellianna won, and above he hung quite a few pictures of Ellianna and some dances she performed.

"Ready?" She asks as Josh comes in and walks towards me. I nod and she quickly presses play on the iPod before rushing to the middle of the room and posing.

The music of her solo fills the room and she starts moving gracefully with it. I smile as I watch her do every step correctly, there are a few parts which she could definitely straighten her legs more but she's only seven and this dance is already hard enough.

I bite my lip when the part she was struggling comes on but my jaw drops when she does it with so much ease. She couldn't get the steps in order and quickly jump into a leap properly, she jumbled up the steps since it was where the music picked up speed.

She gracefully goes into her last pose and when the music stops I can't help myself but to gush. "Oh my goodness!" I exclaim before running towards her "That was perfect" I admit, picking her up. "You did it" She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug. "Elli that was really amazing" I add honestly pulling away.

"Thank you" she smiles. "Daddy what did you think?" She asks looking behind me. I turn around and find a zooned out Josh. "Daddy?" Elli asks making me stifle a laugh when she snaps him back into reality.

"You were unbelievable, I honestly can't wait to see you on that stage" he gushes as he walks towards us.

"Now how about I treat you cuties to some dinner?" Elli and I vigorously nod causing Josh to laugh. "Great, Elli go put something warmer" I place her back onto the floor and she rushes to her room with a wide smile.

~ 🎭~

"Do you think I could try the dance tomorrow with the tutu?" Elli asks turning to face Maya.

I couldn't help but notice that during these few weeks Elli has become a lot more closer to Maya. She relied more on Maya now, than her own father. I already knew it would happen but getting to see how well they got along, and how in one way they completed each other in ways they needed, is truly unbelievable. It gave me this amazing feeling that I couldn't describe.

I remember a few years back when Maria and Maya we're gushing over baby clothes. It was exactly that moment when I started to feel truly excited about having a baby. You'd be surprise to know that Maya was the one who made me excited and not my girlfriend who was carrying my child.

I still remember how she spoke, her words were so hopeful, as if she was hoping that someday she'll have a baby of her own. I knew Maya, she was counting on me to give her a family but when I broke our someday, all her dreams came crushing down, to her she was now alone.

"Josh?" I blink a few times and snap back into reality to see both girls looking at me expectantly. "Huh?" I ask trying to make sense of the situation.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" She asks making me nod. "I have to go work in the morning but around 5 I'm all yours".

"Do you think you could help us with the stage props, we ne-"

"Oh how cute" An old lady interrupts Maya, catching all of our attention. " She is such a beautiful girl" she compliments Elli making all of us smile.

"Thank you" we all say at the same time making the lady laugh. "What a cute family" She adds making a wide smile pull at my lips as I look at Maya. She's biting her lip and looking down, I take her hand in mine and give it a tight squeeze before thanking the woman.

"Have a nice dinner" she says before walking away. "She is really nice" Elli says grabbing her crayon and continuing to colour.

"We are a cute family" She admits with a smile making me nod in agreement. "We are" I agree looking back at Maya's who's cheeks are red.

__________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do your homework!

-Mel❤