Chapter 18: Isadora's Coming

Josh's Pov
"Daddy" my daugter yells when she sees me walking in the studio "Hey baby girl" I pick her up and she clings to me "I'm sorry Elli" Maya says appearing behind me "I had to take care of something important" she explains making my smile widen. I am important to her.

"It's okay" Elli shrugs "I had fun with Riley" she admits making a huge smile appear on my niece's face.

"Well thank you Elli, I had a lot of fun too. Do you want to tell Maya the big news?" She nods and both Maya and I look at them confused.

"Isadora Smackle is going to be coming to see the Annual Winter Showcase" she exclaims throwing her hands up as Maya's eyes widen.

"Who?" I ask confused "Isadora Smackle one of the best ballet dancer in the whole world" Riley explains as if this should be obvious, "Right" I breathe out.

I put Elli down and she instantly starts jumping up and down "Isadora's coming" she chants "Isadora's coming" Maya joins in jumping up and down with my daughter.

"Isadora is coming" she picks Elli up and twirls around whilst they both giggle. I shake my head in amusement but notice Maya's face suddenly dropping.

"Isadora is coming" she realises as her eyes widen. "Oh my god" she puts my daugter down and starts pacing up and down the small foyer of the building.

"The show is in a month and we haven't even started rehearsing and I have no clue what to do and I have so much plann-" Maya rambles before getting cut off by Riley.

"Maya calm down, a month is exactly enough, we'll have everyone ready and we have Kevin to help with all the decorations to set up" she assures Maya as her gorgeous blue eyes land on mine.

She smiles and opens her mouth to say something but the opening door of room 2 catches our attention. Kevin walks out of it and Maya's breath hitches. He looks at her and shakes his head. "I finished placing the new barres" he explains, she nods "Thank you" she replies softly.

"No worries" he shrugs and takes a few steps towards the front door before stopping "Oh and thanks for ditching me yesterday for this guy" he adds making my eyes widen "You didn't have to lie by the way" he leaves and I turn my gaze back to Maya's.

Her eyes are glossed over and she's biting her lip. "Um, excuse me" she says before rushing into another room.

"Elli wait here" she nods and I rush to where Maya went.

I open the door of the girl's changing room and find Maya crying in a corner. Luckily it's lunch time and no one is here except us.

"Maya" she looks up, her cheeks and nose are already red from crying, "What are you doing here?" She asks quickly wipping her tears as she sniffles.

"I'm sorry" I sit next to her and she turns around furrowing her eyebrows "It wasn't your fault you don't have to be sorry" she argues shaking her head "I was the idiot who lied instead of telling him the truth" she adds looking back down.

"You didn't want to hurt his feelings" I argue "Maya" I sigh taking her hand in mine, she looks back up and our eyes lock "First you shouldn't be crying over a guy who ordered you a salad" I start making her chuckle.

I wipe away a few stray tears and continue "You did what you thought was best, but when you see him again tell him why you left" she sighs and her eyes meet the floor once more "I don't think he'll ever want to see me again" I shake my head and lift her head up with my fingers under her chin.

"That's not true" I admit "Once you tell him he'll understand" she nods and a small smile appears on her lips "Thanks" she murmurs before pulling me in a hug.

A smile of my own forms and I hug her tighter "Anytime".

"Now why don't we all go get some lunch and talk about this show?" She nods and I stand up taking her hand in mine.

We reach the foyer of the building and as soon as Elli sees me holding Maya's hand her eyes widen and her lips part. "You told her?" She asks jumping up and down, unable to contain her excitement.

"Told me what?" Maya asks confused as she looks up at me, "That I like you" I admit looking at her breathtaking blue eyes.

"You told your daughter" she stares at me in shock and I shrug "She figured it out" I argue as I look back at my daughter who can't contain her smile, "Anyways let's go for some lunch".

~ 🎭~

Maya's Pov
"That could work" I agree watching the list of all the people we had chosen to dance for the Winter Showcase. We had so many options but what I was most excited about would be choreographing Elli's solo.

I decided to give Ellianna a solo for many reasons. Usually kids her age would perform in groups but Ellianna was extremely advanced and she dances a lot better when she's alone on stage.

"Are you sure we can't fit another solo?" I ask Riley. After finishing lunch we all went back to the studio, Elli was taking a 30 minute break and Riley decided to show me what she had planned. The show needed to be more than an hour and with the ton of kids we had we easily passed, but we couldn't go over 4 hours and a half which was our struggle.

"We could, but that would be pushing it" I nod. I really wanted Elli to have another solo, I have so many ideas of choreographies she could dance and it would be impossible to just choose one.

"Mark another solo for Elli" Riley looks up at me and smiles shaking her head "What?" I exclaim "She's an incredible dancer and I want to show her off" I argue "That's very nice of you but Maya" Josh starts making me turn to face him "She already has a solo why don't you do a duet instead?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows "A duet? With who?" I question "You" both Josh and Riley say in union.

"Um" I start thinking "Maya that's a great idea, I bet you and Ellianna dance amazingly together and it would be a perfect ending" Riley suggest "That's true" Josh admits "Okay" I smile "Let's do it".

______________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do something you love💓

-Mel❤