Chapter 20: Stay

Maya's Pov
"She can't dance" Josh exclaims making me bite my lip, "She can't can't dance" He says frustrated "She was born to dance she can't just give up on her dream, she was almost there" he argues whilst I take Elli's hand in mine, rubbing my thumb across her skin.

"There has to be a way she can dance again, and if there isn't I swear I'm not going to leave this hospital until we find a way" he finishes making the doctor chuckle. Josh furrows his eyebrows not realising that he's was clearly overreacting, nonetheless it was cute to see how much he cared about his daughter's dream.

"You didn't let me finish sir. She will not be able to dance for about a week, if not more" the doctor says making Josh let out a breath of relief.

"She just twisted her ankle, no broken bones, her foot is just extremely swolen" the doctor explains walking towards Elli. He slowly lifts the ice pack revealing Elli's foot that's swollen and bruised.

"She's going to have to ice her foot at least three times a day, I would recommend putting ice in a bucket and leaving her foot for around 30 minutes. It should lower the swelling in around 2 days" I watch Josh nod in understanding "If she is pain you could give her a few pain killers but not more than one a day" Again he nods.

"Do you have any questions?" Josh shakes his head "I don't think so".

"Um" I interrupt "Could she still be able to work on bars and stretching?" I question "Without applying any pressure or weight on her foot off course" I add.

"Well" the doctor sighs "I don't see why not" I smile "Just make sure to not put any weight on her foot for around 5 days and then slowly ease into some exercises" I nod in understanding "Thank you" I smile.

~🎭~

Josh's Pov
"Thanks" I whisper as Maya slowly untangles herself from Elli. After the hospital, Ellianna insisted that Maya should stay over. She iced her foot and they were in the middle of watching Despicable Me 3 when she fell asleep.

"No worries" she smiles adjusting her clothes. "Um could I get you something to drink?" I ask rubbing my neck "Or eat? Are you hungry?" I worriedly ask just realising I kept her for almost 3 hours without offering her something to have.

She chuckles and shakes her head "I'm not hungry Josh but I could go for a glass of water" I nod and make my way to my kitchen.

"It's quite a big apartment you got" she compliments as I retrieve a glass and fill it with water.

"I wanted a place with more room, having a ballerina twirl every second, a small place just doesn't do it" I explain handing her the cup.

"Thanks" she says before taking a sip.

"Maya?" I turn around and find Elli worriedly looking around. "Sweety" I softly say walking towards the door frame of the living room. She looks at me tears slowly forming in her eyes "Where's Maya?" She asks "She said she'd stay" she let's a few tears fall and my heart breaks.

"I'm here" Maya says walking past me to my daughter "I didn't leave" she assures her. "Good" Elli smiles whilst Maya kneels down in front of her and wipes her tears.

"Don't leave" she says making Maya look at me.

"Um" I stutter rubbing the back of my neck "Would you like to stay for dinner?" I ask. She smiles and slowly nods.

"I'd love to" she admits making me smile .

~🎭~

Maya's Pov
Spending the whole evening with Josh and Ellianna wasn't how I planned my night, but to be honest this is a lot better than what I had in mind.

Usually I'd go in my apartment and spend the night alone. I'd probably work on some things for the showcase, have some dinner and take a shower before calling it a day. Spending the night with Elli and Josh sounds a lot more fun.

"Oh no" Elli giggles watching her favourite part in Tangled. We just finished dinner and we were all snuggled up on the couch watching the movie, with Elli in between Josh and I.

I watch as Ellianna bursts into laughter when Flynn and Maximus fall from the tree. Shaking my head in amusement from her adorable laugh. "She's adorable" I smile making Josh chuckle.

"I can't argue there" he says kissing his daughter's cheek.

This is much more better than staying home alone.

"Can Maya tuck me in?" Elli questions looking at her father when the movie ends. Josh looks at me and nods with a small smile "You have to ask her if she wants to" he says making Elli turn around to look at me.

"Can you please tuck me in?" She asks holding her stuffed rabbit tighter as she looks at me with hopeful eyes. There is no way I can deny her.

"Off course" I smile.

Josh carries Elli to her room and gently lays her down. "Goodnight sweetheart" he says before kissing her forehead "Good night daddy" she says waving goodbye as he walks to her door "I love you" he says before leaving "I love you too" she blows him a quick kiss and he leaves, leaving Elli and I alone.

"So" I say tucking her in before sitting on the edge of her bed. She smiles "Thank you for staying" she says making my face soften "I'll stay whenever you want me to sweety" I admit moving a few strands of hair from her face.

"Do you think I'll still be able to dance at the showcase?" She asks looking down at her hands. One thing I learned from Elli is that she absolutely hates disappointing someone.

"Absolutely honey" she looks back up and looks at me confused. Did she expect me to say the opposite?

"But I can't dance and I haven't even picked out a dance" she argues.

"You can't dance for a week and a half. You still have 8 weeks" I assure her.

"I'll tell you what, tomorrow you can have a day off, relax and enjoy spending time with your dad" I start "And after tomorrow you can come down to the studio and I'll do your solos and you chose which one you like best, and you can add your opinions if you want to change it a bit, or add a touch of your own" I see her smile and nod, "Perfect".

"But, can you spend tomorrow with me and my dad?" She asks making me sigh "We can help you plan the showcase" she quickly adds. 

"I'll ask your dad and we'll see" she nods "Now it's time for you to sleep" I slowly stand up "Goodnight" I smile before leaning forwards and leaving a quick kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight".

I slowly close the door making sure I leave a small gap before walking back to the living room and finding Josh on his phone. "She's asleep" I say catching his attention "Thanks" he smiles shutting his phone off and placing it on the coffee table.

"Anytime" I smile watching him stand up "I'm sorry you had to spend your whole afternoon here, she seems to really like you" I shake my head "It's okay, I enjoy spending time with her" I admit making a soft smile pull at his lips.

"Just her?" He questions taking a step forwards. My heart beats faster and I bite my lip before answering "I enjoy spending time with you as well" I admit making his smile widen "But right now I have to go" I add taking a step back "I'll see you tomorrow" he nods "Yeah".

"Bye" I say before opening the front door and heading to my car.

____________________________
Hello ppl, here's another chapter for you, if you enjoyed it make sure to vote and leave a comment,

Or...

Do something to make someone else happy.

-Mel❤