Chapter 34: Start of the Show

"How does your ankle feel?" I ask placing a bucket of ice in front of the couch so she can ice her foot before we meet up with Maya at the studio. Her ankle wasn't swollen and she could walk, so I was definitely staying hopeful that she could dance.

"Better, I think I'll be able to dance" she admits with a soft smile. "Are you sure you can put all your weight on it?" I question eyeing her sceptically, "For 5 dances?" I add.

"I can do it" she assures me with a wide smile "That's the spirit" I smile ruffling her hair. "Hey" she giggles grabbing my hand and moving it away from her long blonde hair.

"Okay, now come on, put your foot in the bucket so we can get you to the studio". She nods and places her foot in the bucket causing her breath to hitch. "Ah it's Cold" she shivers but luckily she leaves her foot in, "Well it's ice" I chuckle.

I stand up and head to the kitchen to grab Elli's breakfast, since Maya woke up earlier than she intended she made pancakes. I squirt some syrup onto her pancakes before walking back to the living room and handing her the plate. "Thank you daddy" she smiles dipping her finger in the syrup and licking it off. "Can I have some milk?" She asks curiously. I nod and head back to the kitchen, I grab her pink cup with ballerina dancers on and furrow my brows when I find a note stuck on it.

A wide smile pulls at my lip as I read the sweet message left on. I pour her some milk and walk back towards her. "Look what's on it" I say handing her the cup.

Her brows furrow and she rips the note away from the cup before placing it on the coffee table so she's able to read the note properly.

"The more you believe in your own ability to succeed, the more likely you will. I believe in you sweetheart, now it's your turn to believe in yourself. Love Maya" she reads out before finishing with the biggest smile on her face.

~🎭~

"That's perfect" I compliment as I take a few stepbacks to look at where everything is positioned. "You guys did such an amazing job" I gush looking back at the girls. "Thank you" I add pulling them in for a group hug.

"Group hug" I hear a little voice say before I feel little arms wrap around me. I smile knowing exactly who it is, "Good afternoon Elli" I say pulling away to find her with a bright smile.

"You're walking" I observe seeing her standing on her two feet. "And I'm dancing" she adds making my eyes widen "Are you sure?" I ask worriedly. She nods vigoursly "Definitely".

"Well let's get all of you ready"

~🎭~

"5 minutes Maya" Riley warns me making my nerves triple. I was right behind the curtains waiting for everyone to take their seat. All my students are all dressed up for their first act and they only thing that has me worried is Ellianna. I know she doesn't want to dissapoint me so the only thing I'm hopping is that her ankle doesn't bother her.

"Hey" Josh says softly catching my attention. I shoot him a smile and he chuckles, "Nervous?" I nod.

"Don't be" he says taking my hand and pulling me against him. "It's going to be amazing" he assure me before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine in a deep passionate kiss. "I gotta go see Ellianna quickly but I love you" he says once we pull away. "Okay" I breathe out before he leans down for another quick kiss before I watch him walk away.

"Maya get ready to go out" Riley says making me take a deep breath. Riley counts down and after she says one I walk out and get blinded by the bright lights shining onto the stage. The audience quiets down with my presences making a smile pull at my lip.

I stop at the center of the stage and take a deep breath before starting to talk. "Good Afternoon" I start into the microphone, "Thank you all for coming to our Annual Winter Showcase" The audience claps and I bite my lip, trying to hide my smile. "The amount of work these amazing students put in these past few months is indescribable. They were all motivated to perform their best, now I hope you all enjoy our show." I finish before the audience starts clapping again. I smile and turn to the left, walking to the side of the stage where the first group dancing is ready to go on stage.

"Remember" I start catching their attention, "Have fun" I smile. They all nod and once the lights dim down, they all walk on stage.

~🎭~

I can't hide the smile that's pulled on my lips as I watch my students dance. They were doing all so well, and I honestly couldn't be prouder. I turn around to find the next group dancing and a pacing Ellianna catches my attention.

"Elli" I call out making her head whip her head in my direction. I motion for her to come towards me and with a few steps she's in front of me. "You look adorable" I compliment making her smile. She honestly did. For her first group dance, she was dressed in Christmas pyjamas, which consisted of red flannel pants and a red long sleeve shirt. Her hair was tied into two high ponytails, making her long blonde hair still reach just above her butt.

"Thank you".

"You look nervous" I notice, she sighs and nods, looking at the ground. "Why?" I ask confused. "You are one of the best dancers here, you are going to do amazing" I assure her.

"What if my ankle starts hurting?" She asks worriedly, looking back up and locking her blue eyes with my own. I shake my head and take her hands in mine. "Don't think about it, if you stress about it, it will hurt, but if you choose to just have fun and dance, I can assure you it won't hurt. And I promise that if you really can't just walk to me" I say cupping her face.

"Okay" she breathe out with a smile. "Thank you" she lets out before wrapping her arms around me. "Anytime sweety" I say tightening my grip around her.

"Next group" Riley calls making stand next to the curtain to get on stage. I hear the audience clap, informing me the other group just finished dancing and it's time to see if Elli can dance.

"Ready Elli?" Jonah asks as Elli pulls away from me. "Yeah" she breathes out walking towards him. "Good luck" I say before I watch them walk on the stage. They're the 2 first who walk on the stage and I take a deep breath, crossing my fingers, Elli can do this.

They take their position and when the music starts they start moving along. I watch Ellianna smile when she feels comfortable dancing. The rest of the group join in right as Elli does her front aerial. I hear Josh cheer and the rest of the audience join in. I let out a soft laugh and continue watching them dance.

______________________________

Part 2 coming out soon ! If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Get ready because you're reaching the end of this book 😭.

-Cheering up tip- watch Sabrina's Sue Me video!

-Mel❤