Chappie 23: Jack, Jill and Hill.

--->NICK<---
“Hinahanap ka ni Jacob kanina.” Sabi ko kay Mai.
“Really?”
“Yeah, he was trying to call you as well.”
“Ahm, Lowbat ako kanina e, di ko pa ulit naichacharge cp ko.” I can tell she was lying even if her face or voice wasn’t giving her away. One of Mai’s qualities or maybe drawbacks is she’s the greatest lier I know, she can tell a person that the world is flat and they’ll readily believe her, no questions asked. If it wasn’t for Jacob I wouldn’t really know and if it weren’t for the obvious fact that she’s been avoiding him.

“It’s obvious somethings wrong with you guys.”
“There’s nothing wrong with us.” She replied, her voice getting the tiniest hint of irritation.
“Look, for what its worth, Jacob’s my friend, I know if somethings wrong with him and I can easily tell its got something to do with you.”  
“For a guy, you’re a really persistent gossiper.”
“Say what you want, concerned lang ako.” She just shrugged.
“Well? Anong problema?”
“What makes you think I’ll tell you?” she studied my face, as if weighing the pros and cons of telling me whatever it was that’s going on between them.
“Instinct, ganun naman talagang mga babae di ba, whenever somethings bothering you, you tell someone about it.”
“True, but what makes you think I’LL talk to you about it?”  
“Kasi matino akong kausap, and don’t worry I wont judge you.”
“Kung makapagsalita ka, parang may idea ka na kung anong problema namin a.”
“Edi umamin ka na rin na may problema kayo.” Sumimangot lang siya at kumagat sa hotdog na kinakain niya, her latest addiction.
“So?”
“I wont tell you the details, code names lang since I cant really tell you everything.”
“Fine with me.”
“Sabe mo ha, you wont judge me.” I crossed my heart.

Through her code names si Jack na naintindihan ko agad na si Jacob, Jill as Nathalie and Mai as Hill. To make it easier to understand kinausap ni Nathalie si Mai tungkol kay Jacob, sinabi siguro ni Nathalie na sa lagay ng ‘lovelife’ niya ngayon where she’s surrounded by Gino, Josh and as well as me e malamang daw pinaglalaruan lang niya si Jacob, si Mai bilang ayaw maniwala na gusto siya ni Jacob e naguguluhan na sa mga nangyayari, kaya ngayon iniiwasan niya si Jacob. Ang hindi ko parin maintindihan ehh kung bakit naman imbis na mas maging concerned si Nathalie kay Josh e parang si Jacob yung pinakaconcern niya.

“What was Jill’s relationship to Jack again?” tanong ko sa kanya.
“Fishing ka na ha.” She answered as she lied down the hammock at the backyard, tapos na kaming kumain, naligpit na rin namin yung kinainan namin kaya nagpapahangin na kami sa labas.
“Ano namang masama, hindi ko naman sila kilala diba.”
“Asows, I know you're not dumb Nick, alam kong gets mo na kung sino-sino sina Jack, Jill at Hill.” I smirked.
“E alam mo na palang alam ko, why don’t you just tell me then.”
“Ayoko. Anyway, so anung tingin mo kay Hill?” she asked swinging the hammock with her foot.
“I said I wont judge you.”
“My name’s not Hill.” I smirked.
“Well, I think she’s kind of stupid, immature and masyadong siyang padalos dalos.”
“Hey! She is so not immature.”
“It’s just my opinion, bat ang defensive mo?”
“Hindi ako defensive, go on.” She said crossing her arms.
“I also think she’s overthinking.”
“Overthinking?”
“Yeah, I mean bakit ba iniiwasan pa niya si Jack? Lalo lang hindi matatapos yung drama kung hindi niya haharapin si Jack.”
“I guess, you’re right.”
“Tell her that Jack seems to be a really nice guy, he’ll understand and I think it’s best if she stops avoiding him.”
“Yeah, I’ll tell her, teka nga Nick, nagka GF ka na ba? Bakit parang expert na expert ka?” She teased, getting up the hammock.
“Tss, wala. Distractions lang GF.”
“Weh, di nga? Thanks Dr. Gryason, you’re a great psychiatrist.” She smiled again as she went up her room.
“Yeah, Good night Hill.” I winked at her while she just stuck her tongue at me.

--->MAI<---
Next morning, iniintay na ko ni Nick sa may hammock, sabay kasi kaming papasok ngayon since wala naman siyang soccer practice. I finished writing my e-mail to Alex, I told her about what happened in school and my conversation with Nick. I smiled as I think about what he told me, simula pa lang naman alam ko ng alam niya kung sino-sino tinutukoy ko, what surprised me was his advice, daig pa niya si Dr. Cates, my psychiatrist back in LA. He actually made me listen to him, and for the first time, I actually am going to do what he said.