Chappie 69.2: Empty Space and Silence.

--->NARRATOR<---
Mai silently walked to school and as always everyone was looking at her as she passed by. An everyday thing since she started going here, pero unlike before na curious stares yung natatanggap niya. Ngayon mixed emotions, some were stares full of hatred, pity, envy, and etc.

Mai can feel they we're all out to get her, she can hear the whispers, the snide remarks and the gossips. Kung noon they were careful not to let her hear anything, ngayon harap-harapan at halos ipag-sigawan na nilang usapan nila.

Pero katulad ng madalas na niyang ginagawa, hindi na lang niya iniintindi o pinapansin. Her eyes focused, her steps careful. Not letting them feel as if they got the upper hand. Never letting them get under her skin.

They can do all they want coz she doesn't really care and she doesn't have the energy to care. In her mind as long as they think she's having a hard time it's all gonna be routine, and soon they'll get tired of hating on her. And as soon as they get tired, they'll eventually forget about her.

But one things for sure they won't forget her today or any day soon.

Art Class, kapapasok pa lang ni Mai ng classroom but she already saw her station. Madumi at magulo. Hindi niya pinansin ang mga bulungan, alam naman niya kasi kung sino ang may sala.  Sinimulan na lang nya ang paglilinis.

Mai was still cleaning and the students were still watching and whispering when Jasper came in. Nang makita niya si Mai, malakas niyang ibinagsak ang gamit sa lamesa causing everyone to jump from surprise.

"Ms. Delos reyes. Can I talk to you outside." Mai looked at him, dropped the towel she was using to clean and went outside.
"Fernandez, Francisco. Finish cleaning her station."
"Ano sir? Kami?! Bakit kami? Hindi naman kami may gawa niyang kalat na yan ah!" Apila ni Desiree.
"I never said you did. Do it or you're staying to clean everyone else's station after class." And seeing as they have no choice, they stood up and started cleaning.

Jasper went out and sat down in front of Mai who was waiting for him at a bench a few meters away from the room.

"You mind telling me what's going on?" He asked her.
"With what?"
"You know what I mean."
"Someone trashed my station."
"I saw. But that's not really what I meant." He looked at Mai, his eyes boring into her.
"Oh."
"Mai... I'm not blind, I'm not deaf and I'm definitely not stupid. I've been to highschool and I know what's happening with you." Hindi parin nagsalita si Mai.
"You're being bullied Mai, and you're not doing anything."
"It's not like it's the first time. Natural occurence na to sa LA, you know that and I'm used to it."
"I know. But this is different! Why aren't you fighting back? Why are you letting them bully you? If this happened in LA, you'd make it stop with just a snap of you finger. It'll either be over or it won't happen! Ano ba talagang nangyayari Mai?"
"Alam niyo, ang gulo niyo e. Nung nasa LA tayo nagagalit kayo pag nakikipag-away ako, kapag pinag-tatanggol kong sarili ko. Ngayong naglelay-low na nga ako nabobother parin kayo? Seriously people. Make up your damn minds!"
"Mai, you know what I mean. Something's wrong and you're not telling us!"
"Ohmygad! Shut up! Just stop. Nothing's wrong, and if there is. Wala kayong pakialam. You're not my parent, you're not dad. And even if you were, when did he ever cared?"

When Mai went back to the classroom, her station was clean but etched on her desk was a nasty message. 

Teacher's Bitch.

She looked at Leslie who in turn smirked at her.

A few days later for some unknown reason Jasper got fired and was sent packing. Maraming nagtaka lalo na dahil biglaan at malapit narin ang Christmas Vacation. Ang bulung-bulungan sa school may naging scandal daw si Mr. Rivers, some say he was dating a student, a member of the faculty who's married, that he was a pedo, he's a drug dealer at kung anu-ano pa.