Chappie 58: Feelings on Overdrive.

--->MAI<---
This is why I never liked surprises. I stood there staring at him. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say let alone know what to think. Bakit ba niya ginagawa to? Bakit out of the blue nandito siya at kinakantahan ako? Did he do all this? But what for? I was never someone who jumps to conclusion but right there I did. I thought maybe he's apologising? That maybe he's manning up and he's going to tell me not to forget what he said. I felt my heart swell, my eyes burn and right then I felt like I was going to burst from all the feelings.   

Lalapit na sana ako sa kanya, tatanungin kung anong ginagawa niya when suddenly all the lights came on. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again. I looked around the whole auditorium and that was when I realized hindi lang pala kami yung nadun.

A lot of students were around us, some were smiling, some started cheering and some where frowning and whispering. Nakita ko sina Aya, Luisa at Bernice na nasa may likod ng banda, kasama si Aria at Nat. They we're all smiling save for Luisa na nakatingin lang kay Rick. Naguluhan lalo ako, kung nandito si Luisa, Rick wouldn't do this for me, right?

Then Nat pointed down the floor and that was when I realized I was in the middle of a sea of flowers. Then 8 guys from my class stood in front of the band holding placards with the letters that spelled.

B-E M-Y G-I-R-L 

Then in came Gino with the question mark. Walking confidently towards me. I stood there, looking at him. Then at Rick realizing it really wasn't his idea but Gino's I felt my eyes starting to burn again, my chest getting tight and my knees going weak.

Dissapointment ba tong nararamdaman ko? 

Gino reached me, holding the placard to his chest, he cleared his throat and took my right hand. 
"Will you be my girl?" And as soon as he said it everybody cheered and yelled, he looked at me, waiting for my reply, I looked back at Rick he was staring at us, our eyes met and for a few seconds it seemed like we were trying to communicate, only we couldn't understand each other.

Is this it Rick? Is this what you want? Kaya ka ba tumulong dito kasi para maintindihan ko na, na gaya mo kelangan ko nading kalimutan yung pinagsamahan natin? Kelangan ko na ba talagang bumitaw ngayon? Ito ba talagang gusto mo?

I didn't know if it was my imagination but before he looked away it seemed like he smiled but his eyes looked sad. I closed my eyes and looked at Gino.

"Yes." I whispered. He smiled, and then he hugged me while I heard the cheers from all around us, I buried my face on his chest, afraid I was going to start crying.

--->RICK<---
Nung nakita niya ko, hindi ko alam pero pakiramdam ko inakala niya na ako yung may pakana ng lahat. Right then, I wanted to stop singing, I just wanted to throw the mic away, take her hand and run.

But I held on, I couldn't do it. I told her to forget everything, ayoko ng makasakit. So I continued singing.

By the time they turned the lights on, nakita ko sa mukha niyang mas lalo siyang nagulat, ng makita niya yung mga tao, when Gino came out and asked her to be his girl. To tell the truth umasa ko, umasa ko na tatanggi siya, na sasabihin niyang no. She looked at me, stared at me as if she was asking me what she's supposed to answer, but I looked away.

Gino's my friend and she'll be happier with him. I repeated it like a mantra, then I think she said yes because everyone started clapping and their cheers got louder. Without looking at them, I left the room and went outside.

Naupo ako sa labas at hindi nagtagal tinabihan ako ni Yssa. Inabutan ng tubig.
"Galing mo kanina a." Ngiti niya sakin.
"Thanks." Matagal kaming tahimik, a thing we usually do now, sa twing magkasama kaming dalawa. Tahimik lang kami, hindi katulad noon na lagi kaming may pinag-aawayan.
"Masaya ka ba?" Tanong ko sa kanya. 
"I am but I'm much happier now." Tumingin ako sa kanya at ganun din siya. Then she continued.
"Mas masaya na ko ngayon, kasi ngayon pwede ka na sigurong magsimulang mag-move on. Siguro ngayong sila na ni Gino may reason ka na para kalimutan siya, to let her go completely, para mabura na siya jan sa puso mo. Sila na ni Gino and katulad ng sinabi mo, she'll be happier with him. So I hope we could start being happy ourselves."