Loop

Dan's POV

     "Hey Phil!" I sit down next to him, smiling and giggling slightly. I look at the ring on my finger, and remember the wedding we had a few years back.

     Bells rang out as I walked down the isle, a smile on my face and white flowers in my hands. I remember the way you kissed me after we said 'I do.' So full of love and happiness. I remember the proposal, it started when we lived separated. The words that left your mouth, I was so young and didn't understand. "From here" I was so confused, thinking about those words for years until we moved in together in London, when you got down on one knee and said "To here." 

     I remember crying tears of joy and I hugged you so tightly. I remember I said I loved you a million times that day.

     I smile as I snap out of my flash back, "How are you today, Phil?" I wait for your answer, and snap my head up as I hear a noise. I look around, and look back at my ring. I close my eyes, and feel my shoulders start to shake. I feel the tears running down my face, I look at you and remember you can't answer.

     I told myself to be strong for you, your voice wasn't working today, or yesterday, or weeks earlier. I touch the ground beside me, and cry more when I don't feel your hand, I reach up and touch the smooth stone of the headstone. I run my fingers along the engraving on the front. 

     Philip Micheal Lester "1987 - 2023"  Brother, Husband, Son.

          3rd person POV

     Dan sat by his husband's grave for hours, snapping in and out of reality and illusion. He was in an endless loop, trying to convince himself this wasn't real, that they were at home, sitting in bed. They were talking to each other, but only in Dan's mind. His last words to the world, "How was your day, Phil?" until he was gone, now forever able to to talk to Phil.

     No longer in a split reality,  no longer in a loop.

          A/N So, this is my thank you for 3k reads. I hope you liked it, happy Halloween! And remember, I love you all!