"I loved you"

*Kate's P.O.V*

I held my phone tight in my hand and took a deep breath. Why does this always have to happen to me? Now poor Jazzy is in this phsyco’s hands, doing god knows what.

“Midnight.”

His voice rings through my ears as I check my wristwatch: 1:34. How the fuck am I supposed to get five million dollars without Justin knowing? If I tell him I know Vincent will find out somehow. This all has to be done secretly and I think I know how.

*Justin’s P.O.V*

When I see this fucking man I will cut his balls off and staple them to his fucking neck, he is taking it too far bringing my family into this. My poor Jazzy does not deserve to be treated like this just because Kate has conflict with him. I cannot be putting my family into danger. No.

I run back into the mall to see Kate sitting on the fountain edge crying her eyes out. She deserves it. No she does not! She’s going to be the reason why Jazzy may or may not die. It will NOT be Kate’s fault and Jazzy will not die. Keep telling yourself that.

My conscience is an argumentative ass today, pay no mind. “Justin I am so sorry, it’s all my fault!” she sobbed as I wrap my arms around her small frame. “Babe everything is gonna be alright okay? I will try and get Jason and Ed involved.”

“Who is Jason?” she lifted her head and wiped her tear. Her eyes were filled with worry, sadness and fear all in one. “Jason McCann? Have you never heard of this guy?” “No.” she snorted. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. “He is the biggest gangster in LA, killed about 30 people, sells drugs and is wanted for both of those reasons.”

“How do you know him?” all the memories from Canada a few years ago came flooding back. “Let’s just say we weren’t the best of friends, but he might be willing to help us okay? Just go home and relax, do not mention a word to my parents. Say that I took Jazzy out to the movies.”

“Justin I can’t do this anymore.” I knew what she was going to say, her eyes said it all. I wipe her tear and kiss her forehead. “Kate don’t give up on me.”

“Justi-

“Kate you cannot leave me now.” My voice turns shaky as I felt tears approach my eyes. I can’t lose her again.

“I'm putting your family into danger that is not how I want to live my life.”

“There’s something you’re not telling me Kate. What is it?”

“Justin it is nothing.”

She turned away. “I’ll find Jazzy and when I do, I will make sure nothing happens to your family. She’ll be home safe”

“And so will you Kate.”

*Kate’s P.O.V*

“I will.” I lied. I know what Vincent is going to do so it’s best not to make Justin suspicious of anything, If I tell him everything will be alright he will believe it. “Justin I will go home and call the police alright?”

“no don’t call the cops yet. If I'm getting Jason involved then no police can be on our tail, just go home and act like nothing happened.”

I sigh and hug Justin knowing it will be my last time so I hold him tight as another tear rolls down my cheek. “I love you.” I whisper, listening to his heartbeat. “Still beats only for me?”

“For you and only you.” He kissed my forehead. I sobbed hard into his chest. Knowing this was the last goodbye killed me but keeping his family safe was my main priority so I had to stick to it, even if I had to die to keep them safe I will.