2

ADELE

Why are they doing this to me? Laura is not going to my wedding... and now... 

"Peter... why are you quitting?" It was Jonathan. We're here inside his office because he told me that Pete is quitting his job.

"I just can't do this anymore." She was just listening.  "I am not happy anymore." Peter continued without any emotion in his voice... it was as if all the emotions that he should be feeling right now was on her... she's the one suffering.

I tried to catch his eyes but he avoided my stares. "Why?" I asked, the pain evident in my voice as my tears are now blurring my vision.

He walked towards me and kissed my forehead. "I just can't princess... best wishes to the both of you." He said as he wiped my tears away before heading towards the door.

She just can't stop feeling this way... like everyone around her is against her...

"Laura booked to Singapore... Ben disappeared since yesterday... and you... quitting. Why are you all being like this? Don't you want me to be happy?" I managed to ask between my sobs.

"I do... more than anything in this world, that is all that I want to give you..." He walk back towards me and pulled me from the chair to envelope me in a tight hug. For a few more minutes, they just stayed that way and she couldn't stop herself from crying. She just can't understand the pain she's feeling right now. "...that's why I am letting you go." Peter then stepped-out of the room leaving me behind. 

Jonathan tried to comfort me but I can't calm down... why are they being like this? 

My mum, although she will attend my wedding... she has stopped talking to me the very night I agreed to marry Simon. Laura refused to be the maid of honor and booked herself abroad for a vacation we have been planning to go together for ages and will go alone instead. I mean, she is my best friend for fuck sake! Even Ben, who's been with me since day one avoids any contact with me since yesterday and now... the man who's been giving me comfort... a man who's been providing me security at all costs just quit saying he can't do it anymore.

What is wrong with me? Why do all people that I love leaves me?

Before anyone could stop me, I run to my car with the intention to scram and get lost. 

Since Pete is gone, no one will follow me anywhere. I can hear Jonathan calls for me a number of times and Liam trying to run after me but I didn't stop a second and hop in the drivers seat and sped away.

Speeding and crying... odd for a woman who will marry her perfect man in less than three weeks time.

Why does everyone around me is against him?

I found myself walking barefoot on the sand... I didn't realize that I end up on my rest house. Maybe, I should spend time with myself alone. Try to figure out things... reflect on things.

I sighed as I sat on the ground and slowly lay down my back on the cold sand. This is quite relaxing. 

Well, this is where Pete often took me after I broke up with that 19 guy. He took me here saying the sound of the water might brought me peace. I saw him lay here while I just sat down beside him because I'm afraid I'd catch cold and get sick.

It was because of him that I bought this place. Peter loves the place... 

We became close friends spending time watching the stars and the night sky... those memories just brought me pain. I waited for him to make his moves, to step outside the boundaries of us being just friends but he didn't.