22

SIMON

"Babe... come on, look at me." We never make it. She gives me a go signal to do it how it pleases me but she can't bear the pain. I look at her body with tears bawling in my eyes. The only part of her body without a single bruise is her neck up her face. I did this to my wife... I am a monster.

We've been trying since that day and it's a week already. The only improvement we have made is I can stop myself without her telling me. She really wants this to work. Sometimes she pretends she can still hold the pain but I can see that she can't so I stop on my own.

Today is my flight to Indonesia. She fell asleep exhausted. The pain I am feeling because of not having a release can't come close to the pain she's in.

"Si..." she opened her eyes, her eyes puffy from crying. She sat up on the bed and hug my arms. "Are you going now?" she asked.

"Yes, babe...I'm sorry." I cried. I can't even dare to hold her now, I'm afraid I'll hurt her.

"Don't be Simon... I choose this. We will make it." She said smiling at me. I just cried in front of her. "Take care of yourself there Simon." She said pecking my lips before walking up to the bathroom.

"I will be at the studio, Jonathan says I need to meet him." She informed me. I nodded at her.

ADELE

My body is so fucking sore. I know I choose this so I don't have the right to complain but it doesn't mean I can't cry. I curled myself on my bath tub trying to cry silently.

Peter... I never heard a thing from any of them. Laura isn't answering my texts and my calls... same with Ben and Jessie. They were avoiding me and it hurts me more. I needed them...

I know I told Simon to do it how it pleases him but I can't take the pain. No one in my life have dared to hurt me how he does. My mum doesn't even hurt me, imagine how stubborn and bitch I am when I was young.

Is this how I will live my life? Is it really how it should be?

***

"Are you kidding me?" I asked Jonathan.

"No... I am not, in a month you'll be busy attending awards night." He said smirking at me. This is what he wants to tell me.

"Oscars? Golden Globes?" I mean, I just sing a song me and Paul wrote for the Bond film and then give it to them. I don't actually expect them to use it because I am not satisfied to it myself but they did and now it was being nominated for Best Original Song for a Film on Golden Globes and even at Oscars?

"Yeah... but my problem is who will be your guard. I can't reach Peter. He's the only one who can take care of a stubborn bitch like you." he said looking at the papers in front of him.

"Maybe I should play dead and he'll show up." I joke at him but I didn't expect him to use the idea.

"That's a good idea Adele." Jonathan says grabbing his phone. I looked at him shocked, is he really gonna kill me just to lure the mouse out of his cave?

"You must be kid—" I was cut off by him talking on the phone.

"Hey Peter. It's me Jonathan. I've been trying to reach you for a week now, Adele needs you... she's been asleep for three days now, she's in here at the studio, we can't let the papz know about her condition. The doctor says she mentioned your name before falling asleep." So he recorded a voice mail.

"Oh, yeah... and only a true loves kiss can wake her up? Jonathan you're not a good story teller. I wonder if he'll believe you like that." I mock him.