39

PETER

I am happy she's happy. She's really enjoying this. She's walking fast and she's walking enthusiastically up the mountain. She's in front of me. We both is far ahead from the other four of them because my princess really is having the time of her life. She's very jolly. I intended to walk behind her so I could watch her. To see her as happy as she is right now. She's glowing. She wore black long sleeves hoodie jacket, black leggings and white sneakers. Her hair was up in a bun and she's make up free. She looks behind us maybe to check on her friends. We're almost on top, just a few steps and we are.

"My God! Laura you're old already!" She teases her best friend as she finds them taking a break on their way.

She's too happy but her sweats were dripping off her face. I walk over her and wipes her face with a towel.

"Thanks!" She squeals giving me a big hug as we made it on top of the mountain. I hug her back more tight. We sway our bodies like we're dancing on a sweet love song. I love that she doesn't care about the sun damaging her skin. She is simply the best.

Her breathing suddenly becomes heavy. I look at her and she's gasping for air. I reached for the bottle of water on my backpack and help her drink.

It's getting serious, I do a mental note to go talk with John and Jonathan soon about her. I am worried.

"Are you taking your meds?" I ask her. She nodded. She rest her head on my shoulder with her arms still hugging me. She looks tired and pale. I look around and find a better place for her to rest, I guide her under the grace of big tree on my left. We sat down and she lay down so she can rest completely.

"Hey love birds!" Laura came running towards us with a sweet smile but she noticed Adele's not fine.

"Princess, I think we should go home now?" I suggested, she opened her eyes and looks at me worried.

"No, I am fine. Let's stay for a while, I will be good. And to be honest, there is no better way for me to get down than to take the cliff jumping." She got a point but she's not in good shape. She closed her eyes again on my lap and our hands clasped together.

Me & Laura exchange glances and worried looks but we can't do anything. They all sat down on the grass and rest too.

I was soothing Adele's hair and I thank God her breathing calms. She steers from her sleep and she sat up. She smiles as she saw her friends napping too. She took a single strand of grass from the ground, I smile watching her but I am confused as to why she crawls over Laura.

"What the fuck?!" Then it hits me, she used the grass to tickle Laura's ear and that's why she's swearing now. Ben, Jess and Dan woke up too by Lau's screams and Adele was mad laughing now, she's struggling.

"God, I miss our high school life." She said between laughs and each one of them laughs along with her.

"Yeah, like...I miss seeing sexy women at school." Ben shares a memory but Jess elbowed his stomach. "But seriously, I miss seeing mean girls bitching around the now most successful British singer." He said, still teasing Jess I guess...but I didn't know she had some stories way back.

"Shut up Benny." Adele laughs.

"I hate it. I am not mean, it's just that Adele was effortlessly getting the attention at school. I just ask her in a sing off but because I really want her to notice me and be friends with her...is that mean?" Jessie blushed looking down.

"No it isn't bad babe." Adele told her reaching her hands.

"Yeah, she's popular because she's too loud and chatterbox...and she's the laughingstock for doing crazy things, like out of the world pranks. But...Thanks to her clumsiness, she pushed me and I land on him." Laura said reenacting what happened and Daniel carefully holds her.

Yeah they were all as attend the same high school.

"But to be honest, Dan's checking on her." Laura pouts pointing at my woman. Daniel blushed.

"What the fuck?!" I said pulling my princess back on my arms. They all laugh.

"Relax, dude. I 'was' checking on her but then Laura happens and Adele's with David when we're in high school." He explains.

"Yeah, that asshole." Adele says embracing me, I look down at her and she's pouting her lips, I have to kiss her or I will be dead. It took us minutes and we just stop when someone clears his throat.

"Alex..." Adele recognizes him. I felt her body tenses up so I squeeze her hands on mine. Alex steps forward towards her.

"Can we please talk Delly?" He asks with his eyes red from crying. What is this? Is he trying to get her back?

"No...God, no please..." She buried her face on my chest and she starts crying...

Ben step in and tried to Alex so he left.

I calmed her down. "Princess, it's alright, he's gone." I told her, I let her cry rubbing her back for quite some time.

"I'm sorry, it's just hard for me." She apologizes more on me. Although I am hurt because the fact she can't face him is a sign that she's not yet fully over him... But I understand, I can wait.

"It's alright, my love." I said.

"I love you." She whispered.

"Oi! Oi!" Jess squeal and as we look at her she's in teary eyed with a paper in her hand while Ben was hugging her from behind with his face red.

"Shoot!" Adele curse silently...but I manage to hear her.

"I received mine as well donut." Says Laura waving a paper at Adele, I frowned. What is it that I didn't know?

"Ah! Fine! What's my consequence then?" Adele ask. Laura and Jessie talks with each other. I got the chance to ask Adele what is it I am missing.

"Hey Princess, care to tell me what is it about?"

"Oh, right. Remember your love letter, thanks for it anyway. I love you." She said leaning forward to me and I kissed her head. "They are both jealous of me having the sweetest man to write me a letter. We end up on a bet that they will get one from them too and now I lost." She said. I smile. I got an idea.

Seems like Laura and Jessie couldn't think of anything, I suggested what's on my mind.

"How about a trip on amusement park paid by the superstar?" Adele pulled away from me but I just squeeze her hand like saying it's alright.

"Sounds great!" Jessie.

"Amazing!" Laura.

"Best suggestion love!" Adele.

To my surprise, the three girls squeals in chorus including my princess. Ben and Dan was smiling.

"Amusement park it is." I said grabbing Adele's hands back on mine and drag her gently on the station.

"Now, let's jump together my love..." I said.

"...at skyfall... She sings... very witty my love.

Right, she's up for awards for her sky fall, maybe I'll tell her about the divorce after that... as a gift, of course I am positive she'll bring it down.

"Peter...bald...Peter...love..." She calls me so I look at her.

"I fucking love you..." 😹