18

PETER

I saw her when she leaves... I went to check if she wrote anything in return. Well, anyway... I bought the resthouse beside hers. She knew no one lives there so I try my best not to make any noise just in case. I never turned on lights.

I am working as he bodyguard because I want to be her bodyguard. But aside from that, I am a major stockholder of the recording company... Jonathan knew about it but the rest didn't know that I am practically their boss but who cares? Adele is my boss.

I went to her room and I guess she did see my message. Her lyric pads were not here so I guess she bring it with her. I picked up her journal and open it in the middle... my tears fell as I read the note.

Because how can I fight...fight for someone who already given up... who give up witout even trying... and that is the worst for me. I have made up my mind. x

Yeah, I didn't fight for her. I don't want her to make a decision that she might regret in the future. I don't want her to make a decision while she's confused... I pretended that I left her so that she could think.

She wrote this in the morning I'm gone... so I guess she wrote it when she's still confused... and now that she goes back to Simon... maybe she already realized that she loves Simon.

It pains me... what's worse than knowing you want something besides knowing you can never have it.

I remember the last night were together... I felt something special and I thought she did too.

I wanted so badly to lay down next to her on the bed for the rest of my life... to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not even have sex, just sleep together. But I lacked the courage and she had a husband and I was a gawky and she was gorgeous. I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating.

I walked on her bed and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane.

"Yes, you're right part of growing up, I suppose. You always have to leave something behind you."

I saw the box of my gift to her... there's no way she'll leave that...please tell me she didn't.

My tears flow.

ADELE
"Let's start my therapy babe." Simon said with him above me on our bed. I let him kiss me and seduce me. I wanted to heal him so bad.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I fact that I had to get over Peter, I am willing to be selfish and force Simon to the fastest healing he could imagine.

Simon starts kissing me unbuttoning my top. He's gentle now...

For months now since I discovered my feelings for him, a stone had been sitting on my heart. I'd shed a lot of tears over him, lost a lot of sleep... somehow I had to move on and make us, Simon and I's marriage work.

He had manage to unclasped my bra without me realizing it because of my deep thoughts.

Life would be hell if I didn't shake loose from the grip he had on my heart. I most definitely didn't want to keep feeling this way, alone in a love affair meant for two when someone is willing to give his everything for me, except for the fact that Simon did hurt me.

I know Peter is The One... but he didn't fight for me.

Simon started gripping my body hard so I have to stop him... he's loosing his control.

"Simon... stop...it hurts." and thank God he manage to stop.

"I'm sorry." He said with tears in his eyes. I wipe his tears away.

"We will take this slowly Si... soon you will be able to touch me without hurting me." I said getting out of the bed after giving him a kiss on the lips. He nodded and I grab the razor and started shaving his beard off. To be honest I don't like him growing his beard, I hate beards it tickles.

He laughs when he realize that I completely shave it instead of trimming it just like I said.

Then after that I walk towards the bathroom swaying my hip like a model. I hear him swearing and before he can caught me I shut the door in his face while laughing hard.

"You tease!" he shouts.

"You go Simon and fix as much as many of my appliances that you broke." I said then strips to my birth skin. I play my spotify shuffle on.

I laid on the warm water I fill on the tub earlier and it soothes my body.

You can feel shattered, all you want Adele. But someone, at some point, is going to pick up that glass. Peter. He's going to dive in with bare hands, and ignore the stinging cuts. He's going to put your uneven form back together, with uneven pieces. He's going to look at you, and see absolutely nothing wrong.

I thought he will.

I can survive like this... I will.

5