52

ADELE

What just happened was a misunderstanding. Laura told Soufian that Peter is my bodyguard because that's what people know and right now Soufian already know that I am a married woman. Laura protected my image...and I can see it too, I saw a red light blinking on the doorknob and I wasn't dumb to mistake it from anything but a spy cam.

I need to fix this although I am hurt...how come he didn't notice the bruises on my neck...now that I needed him to see it? How come he didn't even bother to ask me if I was alright?

It's very strange of him to push me away. If he wants me to tell the world that I am married but he I am with someone else and practically I am cheating on my marriage, even if I will lost everything, I will do that.

I can see how much he loves me and he could sacrifice anything for me so I am willing to do the same for him.

"Donut..." Laura calls for me, I sigh, I am not mad at her but I need to go now.

"Lau, please...not now. I am not mad let's talk some other time." I hug her and kissed her cheeks. She hugs me back and apologize again.

"I understand donut. I love you but please, I won't let you drive...have Dan or Ben to--"

"I'll drive her home. Laura I'll be back." Soufian says and drag me outside gently. He opens my car's passenger seat and help me get in.

I am not sure about this...Peter is jealous of him before and I think he's more jealous now.

"Don't look at me like that. As much as I want you to be free so I could have my chance to have you, I won't be happy like this. I will apologize to him if I need to. Give me your keys." He said looking straight to my eyes. I sigh and give him the keys.

All along I made myself believe that he's just playing around telling me he loves me... I didn't know he's serious.

"Souf..." I look at him. He looks back at me... "I'm sorry." He smiled at me sadly.

* * *

"Soufian, I appreciate your concern but I don't think he'll be happy to see you with me. I can handle him. Thanks." I told him as he pulled the car outside the beach house.

"But--" I cut him off. I don't really think Peter will be happy seeing him again.

"It's alright Souf, take the car with you. There's no taxi here at this hour. Just tell Laura to take care of it." I told him as I get off my car.

Thank God, he didn't argue anymore. I wait for him to go before I went in the house.

"Pete babe..." I called for him. I saw him at the couch in the living room. A glass of wine on the coffee table and a bucket of ice. On his hand was a half full glass. He glance at me. He doesn't have any emotions visible in his eyes and in his face.

"Is that Soufian?" He asked coldly as he looks away to pour wine on his glass.

"Yes babe, but it's not what you th--" he cuts me off.

"Don't bother explaining Adele. You denied me in front of him." He said walking into me. He's drunk and he's crying and that sight broke my heart.

"No...I didn't." I said. He cups my face and look at my eyes. He maid our forehead meets.

"You know how much I love you right?" He said. His every words sounds so painful.

"I know...I know...and I love you as much as you love me." I said, I am crying now too...

"You denied me Adele." He said.

"No, I didn't. Laura and I saw a spy cam on the doorknob..." I said. He didn't say anything and he keeps our forehead stick together. I was hugging his waist. "If you want I can make a blog to tell the world you are my love."