32

ADELE
I saw his pain... It's visible through his face and it hurts me more but what shuttered my soul was when he steps back and walk away from me.

"Please no...." I cried but he seems not hearing me. "Peter..." I called for him but he was gone.

Why does the people I love always hurt me? Why they always leave me?

David cheats on me but we're too young then... I was nearly 18 and he was too. Things were simple and a betrayal is an enough reason to end a relationship.

Alex... he's my first real relationship, he turned me to a full grown woman. We shared most of my favorite moments and that's how it hurts. Our times together we're incredible... he left me because he doesn't love me anymore but what hurts me the most is that, I tried my best to hold on to him... I don't know if I still love him when he left or I was just stuck on the memories we shared together.

Simon... he was there when I needed someone. He help me heal and he's the first one to notice my true pain-- no, it wasn't him.

There is someone else who never leave my side.

"Princess... get up. Laura's been calling you and I bet she's on her way now because you're not picking up. Come on."  I wasn't sleeping but I am on my bed for almost a week now. I never talk to anyone that Alex left me.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"It's 1pm." He said picking up the bottles of wine on the floor, dishes and even my dirty clothes. He put them on the laundry basket on my bathroom. I smiled watching him.

"Bald..... Don't you feel awkward if one of those were my undergarments?" I asked him. His face blushed...and I chuckle, the first one after Alex... I remember him again and my laughs turn to sobs.

"Princess...it's ok, everything will be alright... He's an asshole." I froze on his arms wrapped on me comforting. How did he know.

"Of course I know, but anyway it's timely. You'll thank him later because you're about to write the most beautiful songs to cheer others on the same pain as you are." He said smiling rubbing my back. "And I am always here for you princess."

Peter was the first one to share my pain. He made me realize my purpose... He made me strong. Even when Simon came he's still there. Simon was the one who comes between us...

With what I realize hits me... I jump off the bed and run to find him. I shouldn't be just sitting and crying again. He never left me and I know he'll never leave.

I run into Laura and Daniel cuddled on the sofa watching TV.

"Lau! Where's Pete?" I asked her and she looks back at me. She shrug her shoulders with her face crumpled.

I run outside to look for him..

"Hey, baby girl..." It's Been, he's with Jess on the rocking chair at my foyer.

"Benny, where's Pete?" His nose scrunched.

"I don't know. Aren't you two together?" Ugh! Why does Ben have to be useless most of the time?

I look at the beach but I can't see him. I run to Faye but he's not there too...

Does he really left this time? My tears started to flow down my face and I let it go... I walk on the sand barefoot. I sat down as I reached our spot. I look over the sea and I saw the light of the moon shimmering on the water.

"Princess...let's date." He told me one time when he found me crying over Alex's memory again. I know he's just trying to make me feel good but in the end it's not helping me. Deep inside my heart I wish he's serious about it.

"Fuck off bitch!" I just told him wiping my tears.

Why didn't I took him seriously?

"Princess... I love you."  He sounds magical, he sounds so real.

"Peter stop messing with me."  I don't want to be hurt. I don't want to get my hopes high.

*
"Princess... I love you." He seems serious but no he's not, maybe he's just pitied me.

"I know, I love you too, you're my friend." I told him. He looks so sad.

"Friend zone!" He uttered. I cackle at his remark but deep inside me I want to ask him if he wants more than that because deep inside me I do...but I just can't accept it to myself.

My breathing becomes heavy so I lay down my back on the sand. I closed my eyes tight when I felt like I was struggling for air.

Peter used to calm me down when I am feeling like this... He always know what to do. He's like my mother, he knows what's best for me but now... now he's gone.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes... I saw the sky and I can't find a single star... They all left me too. I let my tears run... It's gonna be a long night.

I closed my eyes... Maybe it's not a bad idea if I'll sleep here. This place has so much value to me.

I hum some lyrics that lingering my thoughts.

🎶...when the pain cuts you deep, and the night keeps you from sleeping... just look and you will see...🎶

I stopped as I felt a drop of cold liquid on my nose. I opened my eyes and drops of water comes my face.

"Shit! It's raining!" I cursed.

"Adele! What the fuck? Run now." Ben shouts at me and I just cackle but how can I run? I guess I'll just enjoy the rain... it's been years since I last play on the rain.

"Adele! Faster or I will drag you on your hair brat!" It's Laura by this time... I sigh.

"Alright! Alright!" I yelled back and tried to move faster ignoring the pain on my thighs.

I don't know what happened and my head becomes light in dizziness and I felt my body spins in the air. I though I gonna fall on the ground but suddenly a strong arms wrapped around my waist.

The rain keeps pouring and it's heavy. My eyes waters again as I saw who that arms belongs to... I cried in front of him.

He lifts my face with his hands and make our eyes meet.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorr--" he cuts me off.

"I love you and I am sorry." He said before smashing our lips... great.

The love of my life, the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with just granted another one of my wish...

I always wanted to be kissed under the rain by the man I love. I find it romantic and I always love the drama.

"I love you too..."