10

PETER

Peter... I need you.

I sat down on the bed gasping for air. I didn't know I fell asleep on her bed, bottles of beers and wines on the floor. I cup my face and rub my eyes. I woke up from a bad dream, I dreamt of her and she's in danger... I kept chasing her but I saw myself running the other way. I know it's a dream but I can't help myself but agonize.

I check the clock and it's 3 in the morning. I get up. Fix her bed... I smile. Of course I will fix it or she'll kill me. She'a control freak.

I put her journal back. I honestly quit smoking since the day she quit 'cause I don't want to be someone who'll encourage her to do it again and I wanna share her 'grieving'.

But I need some now. I pick up a stick and my lighter. I went to the window and look outside... I remember the last time we were here together... for the first time that night, she lay beside me on the cold sand.

She always scolds me when I am doing that, she said I might caught fever and worst I might transfer virus to her.

Why does everything I laid my eyes to, we had a good memory...even a bad memory seems too good thou.

I let out a deep sigh. I grab my phone on and dial Ben. I know it's late but I just need to check.

"What the fuck dude?" he said. He seems awake so I didn't practically disturbed him. "Bennnn... why did you stoppp...ahhh just like that..." I hear moans at the background. "Oh, so I thought I didn't disturb you but I guess I did." I said laughing.

"Yeah dude! So what is it?!" he yelled at me. I hear the woman laughing. "Peter... you are disturbing us!" I hear her... Oh right, that's Jessie.

"Since when you two screw up? My princess will kill both of you..." Again, I smile... I know how much she loves her bestfriends... so either of them will be dead once they hurt each other. "Anyway... did any of you heard from Adele?" I ask.

"Is that all dude? Why she didn't text you? She message me last night." Ben said... "She even sent me a GIF of her famous middle finger." He laugh.

OK, so she seems alright... maybe I'm just thinking so much about her that she visits me on my dream. "Ok dude, you two have a good ride." And I hang up.

I, once again look around the room... her things that were neatly organized on the right places. I cried.

I walk out and I found Louie... her pet. I squat in front of him and pat his head. "Hello Louie... you good?" I said.

He just look at me like telling me to show him Adele... "I can't buddy... Simon don't like you." Yes, Adele give Louie to me because Simon doesn't want him.

I decided to clean the house. I started in her room and I scrunched my nose, it smells alcohol, I am doomed... I sweep the floor and do thing as she cleans it... but the smell is still there, she hates air freshener so I decided to use my body spray.

Then I proceeded to the living room. I was husking the wooden floor when again, I remember her.

"You bald man! I just husk the floor and you step in with your boots full of sand! Urghhh!" Adele throws me the coconut shell she's using. I didn't mean to... I mean it's raining outside and I just came from buying something for her. "You husk it... I want it shiny as your bald head!" and she stomp her way out on me. I saw her enter her room. So I have no choice to do as she say.

Well, I know she's so moody because she have her monthly period. Yeah I know it because I know it, that simple. After I'm done with the floor I go to the kitchen and put the fries, burger with lots of cheese, chicken nugget and a cola float from McDonalds into a tray and put it outside her door with a note...I knock then I turn my back.

I hear her door open and shut. Of course she'll hid in her room eating those... I settled myself on the couch and watch tv... suddenly I felt her lay beside me and her head on my lap. I smile to myself... "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Don't talk to me..." she said, so I didn't. "Peter, are you mad at me?" she suddenly ask. I look at her bewildered.

"See, you're not talking to me. I am here for almost an hour now but you're not talking to me!" she exclaim. My eyes widened in disbelief. "Seriously? Adele?" I said. "Look... you called me Adele... you never call me that..."

That's it... maybe I need space. I grab all my things and put it on my bag. I won't be gone long... I'll just have to breathe. I'll drop Louie at Laura, I know she won't mind.

I have already given a spare key to Laura, I told her and Ben to keep this place a secret so Adele have a place to run to whenever she feel to. She's like that time after time. I texted her.

I will never leave you Princess, I just need sometime to think. I don't think I can love anyone else but you. You are my home... be happy, please.

px

SIMON

I lay beside my wife... I cried, seeing her like this. She suffers on my hand and I hate it but then I can't let her go. I untied her hands from the headboard. I caressed her face, I can't stop my tears from falling when I see the bruises I gave her. Her eyes swollen from crying.

I felt my heart shattered remembering how she pleaded me to stop... her cries of pain... her weeping... but my lust took over me and I hit her. Of course I am aware that I might not be her first since she told me that Alex lives with her... I just take that as an excuse to satisfy my needs... and I am regretting all of this.

I hear her phone beep. I reach for it.

I will never leave you Princess, I just need sometime to think. I don't think I can love anyone else but you. You are my home... be happy, please.

px

Peter. I deleted the message and I put his contact on the blocklist. I will never give her up to anyone. I sighed... I promise I will do it right, I will fix this.

I cover her body with a comforter and I get up, took a quick shower... slip on a jersey short and a plain white shirt. I will go out buy medicine for her... I'm gonna do it... I will beg her if I need to. I love her, I don't think I can live without her.

I got back on our house and she's still asleep. I decided to cook for her...

I have done almost all the chores but still she's asleep. I pull down the duvet and started putting oinments on her bruises... I know she's sore down there, I saw stains of blood and it's more than a blood shed by a virgin woman. I apply some ointment while crying in regret for what I have done to her. She saw her wince as I touch her there.

She pulled away but she's too weak to do so... "Please... stop... go away, don't come near me..."