21

PETER

She is my life. I can't see myself loving someone else in the future. The amount of love I have for her has no end. I was too stupid not to fight for her. I was a coward and I don't deserve her. I can name a million reason why I love her but not a single one not to do so. Even the fact that she's married is not an acceptable reason for me.

She's busy talking with Laura who's seated across her on the table with Ben and Jessie, while me, I sat beside her. She put her left hand above her thigh and I can't stop myself from reaching it. I felt her froze but I didn't let go. I pretended to be busy on my food. She didn't pull her hands either which made me smile... she squeezed my hand and it feels like a cold hand was caressing my heart.

We silently eat our foods with our hands clasped together under the table. None of us wanted this to come to an end... or is it only me?

She looks at me time after time and smile... her smiles never reached her eyes, I can see sadness. I pick up my phone and text her. Her phone was on the table so I can say that she's not receiving my text... I pulled my hands from her and took her phone. She has a password now? Since when did she learn to put such things?

I eyed her and she's watching me. "Pinocchio." she said looking away with her face turning red. I shit myself as I realize what does Pinocchio means.

I entered the password and scroll through her phone. She's back chatting with her friends. She doesn't change her number but my calls were not reaching her. Did she block me? I went to her phone settings and there... my number is on the block list.

"Why did you block me?" I can't stop myself from asking. The four of them looks at me with their eyes asking. She then reached for her on my hands and look at it herself.

"I didn't do it..." she said but she doesn't sound convincing or she's hiding something.

"Simon did that then." It's Laura scoffing. She stiffens and move her body away from me at the mention of his name. That hurts.

"Or maybe I accidentally did it. I'm sorry, I'll just remove you from the list." She said looking at her foods. I know she's not telling the truth. She's not a good liar.

I was about to say something when her phone rings. I saw its Simon...she immediately picks up. She really loves him for sure.

"Hello, Si... why did you call?" she asks him right away. "Oh, yes... you're here? I'm with Lau, Ben, Jess and P-pete." She stammered on my name. I reached for her free hand again but before I even touch it, someone took it giving her a light kiss on her lips. He glares at me.

"Hi babe. My meeting ends early. I want to spend the day with you." he said not even greeting us, his wife's friends. That's one of the attitudes he has that Lau hates.

"Donut, I don't think I can stay any longer. I thought it's our day out and yet you're being watched? Daniel never do that to us." Laura says getting up from her chair.

Ben and Jess do the same since they don't like him either and Ben has an issue with him. "Two-faced asshole." I heard Ben says before heading to the counter to settle the bill.

"But donut—" Laura cuts her off.

Laura glares at Simon but he didn't say anything. He's just watching and listening... can he do something to make her wife's best friend like him? He's such an asshole!

"I don't need any explanation Adele. You promised me and you can't keep it, end of story." I know Laura's too harsh but I understand her, we all hates her husband. "And, don't bother stop us, I know Peter has your car keys. I'll just take my bags and bye." Laura said heading outside grabbing my arms.