Chapter 1

Shannon POV:

I rarely had trouble sleeping in on Sundays, everyone was normally doing the same to recover from the nights before. We usually got wild on the weekends. Today was different, though. I awoke to the sound of a loud truck coming from the window of my second story apartment. The sound, followed by footsteps and thuds from the hallway, could only mean one thing; someone was moving in. 

Truly, I was used to it. It seemed that my roommates and I were the only tenants to stay in this apartment for any length of time. We were seeing new people in the apartment complex every month or two, so today was nothing special. We stopped taking the time to introduce ourselves to them because they'd likely be gone soon anyway. 

Our complex was pretty nice, I'll admit. We had a full gym, pool, and lounge area for tenants to use at their leisure. Everything was modern, it had been newly renovated just a couple years ago. In fact, we were the first to live here since it had been redone. The living room, kitchen, and a bedroom were downstairs. That is where Amy stayed. My bedroom was upstairs, along with Meghan's. To get into each apartment, you had to walk through the door in the hallway on the ground floor. There were six apartments in this complex. Half were just like ours, the others were doubles and singles. 

Knowing that there would be no chance at getting quality sleep now, I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed. I peeked out my window once more before going downstairs, the movers were still bringing stuff in but I hadn't seen the person who was moving in just yet. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I looked into the hallway through the hole in our door. Whoever it was, they were moving in the a single apartment right across from ours. 

"Couldn't sleep either, huh?" I heard Amy's raspy voice. 

"Wow, you don't sound to good. Hangover turned into a cold?" I questioned, referring to the rasp in her normally chirpy voice. 

"I think so. Maybe if I had been able to sleep better I could have avoided it, but here we are." She coughed, clearly already irritated by our newest fellow tenant. 

I nodded in agreement, pouring myself a cup of the coffee Amy had already brewed. 9 a.m. This was perhaps the earliest I had been awake on a Sunday since the first weekend we lived here, so I decided to at least try and be productive. Searching through the kitchen made me realize that I was in desperate need of groceries. So, I started my way back up the stairs to my room. As I ascended them, down came Meghan with the same grumpy attitude towards all the noise. She plopped down on the couch next to Amy and covered her ears with a pillow. I chuckled at the two of them. Clearly their night was a little more rough than mine. 

Before leaving, I took one last glance at the couch where Meghan and Amy had now curled up and nearly fallen asleep. I giggled at how cozy they looked as I opened the door and quietly shut it behind me. Our new neighbor's door was partially open so I tried to peek in, but really all I could see was boxes. As I turned around to leave, I was met with a face full of cardboard box. I fell, along with the box and everything in it, and of course the person carrying it. I her a woman's gasp as we fell down, her falling on top of me with the box smashed between us. 

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." She said nearly in tears, "I could hardly see over this box, I didn't even know you were there. Are you okay?" She was clearly flustered. 

I finally brought myself to, and looked at her. She was blonde, green eyes. She wasn't wearing much makeup, but it suited her well. She was cute. "It's fine," I chucked, "I take it you're my new neighbor." I said while pulling myself up off the ground. 

"What a great first impression, right? I'm Cammie." She half smiled, still embarrassed from having toppled over me. 

"Good to know. Now I know whose name to yell when all that noise wakes me up on a Sunday morning," I let out a light hearted laugh, but she didn't seem to realize I was joking. "I'm kidding, Cammie. It's nice to meet you, my name is Shannon." 

I extended my hand, which she accepted. Without saying anything else I knelt down and helped her put everything back in the box. "Thank you, for your help. I'm sorry, again, for running into you." She finally spoke after we cleaned everything up. 

"Don't worry about it. See ya around Cammie." I gave her my best smile to ensure that I genuinely wasn't upset with her, and made my way out. 

A/N

Hey guys! I always love reading Shacam stories so I figured why not write my own. Please feel free to give any feedback. This is my first story, so I'll take any advice you'll give me. Hope you guys like it!!