Chapter 35

Cammie POV

"What the hell happened last night?" Shannon stirred awake while rubbing her eyes. She looked at me and then looked at her naked body under the sheets and looked worried. 

I panicked. I felt like an idiot thinking that last night was mutual and definitely not a drunken mistake. My eyes widened as she looked at me for answers, but I couldn't give her any. I just looked flustered. 

"Cam, I'm kidding," she laughed. She leaned in and gave me a kiss that I wasn't expecting, but gladly accepted. "Last night was perfect," she whispered and smiled against my lips and I felt my cheeks heat up. 

I smiled and she kissed me once more before pulling away to get up. Before she could, I pulled her back down to meet my lips again. "More," I mumbled. 

She chuckled and kissed me. "What? Last night wasn't enough for you?" She joked. 

I shook my head and giggled. "I can never get enough of you," I said, looking into her eyes. 

This time I saw her blush and it made my heart flutter. This all seemed surreal to me. I kept thinking that I was in a dream, but I was hoping and praying that if I was I would never wake up from it. I couldn't believe I ever walked away from the chance at forever with her, I just hope that's still in the cards for us. 

She kissed me a little longer. I missed the taste of her lips and the feeling of them on mine. I felt her tongue brush my bottom lip and just as I thought she was about to deepen the kiss she detached our lips. Instead, she leaned to my side so I could feel her breath on my ear. "How about you come join me in the shower," she whispered and it sent chills down my spine. I nodded and followed her into the bathroom.

We spent all morning together, and almost all afternoon. I didn't want to leave, but I also didn't want to seem too clingy. I needed to know how Shannon felt about this before getting too attached again. If she didn't want me back, this was going to hurt like hell. 

"Do you want to come over tomorrow?" I asked her before leaving her apartment. 

She smiled, "I'd like that." Then she gave me a quick kiss before I left. 

The next day went just about the same. She came over when she woke up and I made her favorite coffee. We spent the day on the couch, sometimes watching a movie but mostly just making out. 

"Stay the night," I told her. It was getting late and we had just finished eating our take out Chinese food. 

She made a face like she was thinking about it, "yeah, I suppose I can work you into my schedule." She looked at her wrist like she was wearing a watch. 

I playfully slapped her arm and she pretended to be hurt. 

"I'm kidding, I'd use any excuse to cuddle with you," she smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. 

I raised my eyebrows, "that's better." 

About an hour later we were getting ready for bed. She hadn't planned to stay the night, so she obviously didn't have any of her stuff with her. "Hey Cam, do you have a pair of shorts I can wear to bed?" She yelled to me as I was in the bathroom. 

I came out of the bathroom and walked over to her, passing the dresser where I kept my shorts. I stopped in front of her as she stood at the end of my bed. "See, I was thinking," I said as I pushed her down so she was sitting on the bed, "that you could just sleep naked." I straddled her waist and whispered the last part in her ear. 

She didn't say anything, she just nodded her head and quickly attached our lips. She didn't waste any time laying me down and stripping our clothes off.