Chapter 8

Shannon POV 

I woke up to a knock at my bedroom door. I was still half asleep, so when I looked I expected to see Cammie standing there. Unfortunately, I didn't. 

"What the hell, what are you doing here," I jumped out of bed, pulling on my pants. 

"You haven't been returning any of my texts, I wanted to make sure you were okay," she said in a fake innocent voice. 

"You can't be here, Sam. There's a reason I haven't texted you back," I tried to fix myself a little bit so it wasn't insanely obvious that I had just woken up. "How the hell did you even get in here?" 

"Jess let me in as she was leaving," she said. Sam and I had been a 'thing' I guess. We hooked up a few times a while ago and then it started to be more than that. She wanted to give us a shot but I wasn't sure. Then I met Cammie and I knew for sure that Sam wasn't for me. 

She started walking towards me as I was sitting on my bed. "Come on, Shan. Don't you miss me?" She spoke in a soft tone, trying to pull me back in. Visions of Cammie just kept flashing through my mind. 

"No, I don't. I'm seeing someone else, Sam," I spoke firmly. I stood up and walked downstairs. She followed. 

"I've never cared about that. I just want you, Shan. I miss you." She pulled at the strings on my sweatshirt, trying to seduce me. She always knew that I had a hard time resisting her, but I just kept having to remind myself that the girl I really wanted was only a few steps across the hall. 

I shook my head, "no, we're not doing this. I'm working on getting myself together and I'm not going to let you ruin it." I opened the door to escort her out. 

We stood in the doorframe and she looked at me with pleading eyes one last time. "So you're really doing this?" She actually sounded sad. 

"Look Sam, you were fun. You and I were just never going to be anything serious. I have no hard feelings towards you, but I just can't play this game anymore. This girl, she's special. I can't hurt her. I'm sorry." It was all I could do, I was working hard at closing this chapter of my life. 

She nodded and looked to the floor. Part of me did kind of feel bad because I knew how bad she wanted us to be a thing. She gently grabbed a handful of the front of my sweatshirt and stood on her tiptoes, leaving a kiss on my cheek. She stayed standing like that for a moment and stared into my eyes. I focused so hard on looking at her eyes and not her lips, but it was so difficult with her this close to me. I could feel her breath on my lips. She closed her eyes and started to lean in. 

All of a sudden the twist of a door knob brought me back to reality 

Cammie POV

I was really nervous about my date with Shannon tonight. I mean, we had basically spent the entire week together, but this time it would be as more than friends. I had major butterflies, so I needed to do something to distract myself. I decided to go to the gym. 

I thought about seeing if Shannon would want to come with me, but she was probably still sleeping anyway. I got dressed, grabbed my headphones, and headed out. 

I opened the door and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. Shannon stood in her doorway, looking like she had just woken up. A girl stood nearly chest-to-chest with her looking the same way. The girl had her hand on Shannon's chest and was leaning up to kiss her. 

I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I tried not to let them fall. "So, this is what kind of girl you are, huh?" I said to Shannon, both angry and upset. 

"Cammie no, let me explain. I promise it's not what it looks like," she pushed the girl off of her and took a step towards me but I backed up before she could get close. 

"Save it, Shannon," I tried to slam the door on her but she stopped it just before it closed. 

"No, I'm not going to let you think this was something that it's not. She showed up this morning and Jess let her in, nothing happened between us I swear," she pleaded. 

I shook my head, finally letting a few tears fall. "That's a lie and you know it. I literally just saw something about to happen in front of my eyes," I was almost sobbing now. 

"No, no, no baby please don't cry," she came closer to me, trying to console me. My heart ached hearing her call me baby. "Let me explain, okay? Please." I reluctantly agreed.

We were sitting on the couch now, but I still wasn't letting her close to me. 

She took one of my hands in hers, "Okay, listen. She was someone I used to fuck around with but I stopped talking to her when I met you. I swear. She came because I had been ignoring her messages," she stopped to wipe a tear off my cheek. "Don't cry, please. I don't want to make you cry," she whispered, before continuing with the story. "I told her that I hadn't answered because I met someone new. I told her that I wanted you. When she left she kissed me on the cheek and I swear that's all that happened. Please trust me." 

I was torn between whether or not to believe her. She seemed so genuine and so hurt by the fact that she had made me cry. I wanted so badly to be able to trust her, but I hardly know her. Could this past week just have been an act? I want to believe that it wasn't. 

After it had been silent for a few moments, I finally spoke up. "I don't want you to hurt me, Shannon," I nearly whispered. 

She got down on her knees in front of me as I sat on the couch. She took both of my hands in hers. "Cammie, listen to me. No girl on this planet has ever made me feel the way you've made me feel. My heart beats out of my chest when I see you. I'm not going to hurt you. You have my word. And if I ever do, then I didn't deserve to have you in the first place," she placed a soft kiss on my hand. "Please," she begged. 

After my last relationship put me through hell, I promised myself I wouldn't put myself in that situation again. But as I sat here in front of this girl, I felt like it was worth the risk. Shannon made me happier in a week than any relationship had made me in a year. I was willing to take a chance on her. 

I nodded slowly, "yes? Is that a yes?" She smiled, getting excited. 

"It's a yes," I tried to hide my smile but failed. 

She came close to me, "I promise you won't regret this. I'm going to treat you like a princess. You deserve that." She planted a kiss on my lips that I gladly accepted. 

What is this girl going to do to me?

A/N

honestly don't know how I feel about this chapter, but here it is.