Chapter 22

Shannon POV

"Yanno, I've missed you lately," I said, turning to Cammie. 

She laughed, "what do you mean, you dork? We live together." 

I sat up in the bed, "yeah, I know, but we haven't really hung out much. We're both so busy." It was true. We've been living together for a couple weeks now, but we have both been working constantly. "Spend the day with me." 

She blushed, "I'd love to. What do you have in mind?" She asked, curiously. 

I grabbed my phone and leaned over her to grab hers, too. I switched them both to silent. "Well, first we're going to ditch these things for the day," I leaned over the top of Cammie and slid them in the drawer next to her side of the bed. "Then, we're going to do this," I said, attaching my lips to hers. 

I felt her smile when I kissed her, so I knew she wasn't expecting it. She kissed me harder, like she had missed this. Her hand gripped the back of my neck and her breathing started to quicken. We both had this effect on each other. Like the sheer touch of her bare skin against mine could send me on a trip. I always get this feeling in my stomach. It's that kind of feeling when you fall really fast, like on a roller coaster, and you can feel it all the way in your toes. That's how she made me feel but I didn't have to go on any ride. All I had to do was look her in the eyes or touch my lips to hers. It's funny, though, because while loving her is a thrill, it's also so calm. I have the time of my life being with her, but it's relaxing, too. And I think that's what love is. It's both energizing and soothing. 

Still kissing her, I slowly moved my hand under the blanket. I stroked up her bare thigh. I didn't make any sexual moves, I was just tracing my fingers along her skin. My thumb brushed her inner thigh and I felt her breathing hitch. She flipped me over and pushed me down onto my back on the bed, straddling my waist. "Fuck, I love it when you're like this," I unintentionally said out loud. It was breathy and lusty and I knew she could tell I was turned on. She loved to tease me when I got like this, but I don't think she had it in her. She wanted it just as much as I did. 

I pulled myself up to kiss her and she came down to meet my lips. I felt her body soften into mine so I took control. I flipped her over and pulled my shirt off. She smiled at me before I kissed her again. "Today's going to be a good day," I mumbled before attaching our lips. 

Hours later, Cam and I are sitting in the living room watching reruns of old tv shows. "So this morning. That was fun," Cammie said with a giggle. 

I smirked at her, "which time?"

"All of them," she bit her lip and I groaned. 

"Don't get me going again. I'm too tired," I said truthfully, while laughing. 

She raised her eyebrows at me, "well then don't look so hot all the time." 

"Touché," I conceded. She cuddled back into me. We were both basically going the entire day without pants. With the exception of the shower we took this morning, we hadn't even gotten ready. And honestly, it's never much of a shower when we take one together anyway. 

We got bored of watching cheesy shows after a while, so we decided to make dinner together. Before we started cooking, I put some music on. Cammie pulled at my arm, "let's dance," she grinned. 

I was truly the worst dancer, but who could say no to that face. I smiled back at her and took her hand. The song wasn't very fast paced, but it wasn't slow enough for a slow dance either.  We danced goofily to the entire song. It's a good thing she didn't actually want to dance because it would have been awful. 

After the first song played, a slower one came on. This time, I was the one that wanted her to dance with me. I pulled her in close and she wrapped her arms loosely around my neck as if she were hugging me. I put my arms around her waist and we swayed like that for a minute. And just like that, a calm came over me. In the same day, this girl went from making me feel so high to making me feel so calm and relaxed.