Chapter 30

Shannon POV

"Thank you all so much!! You have no idea what this has done for me. I love you," I spoke with tears in my eyes. This was the final showing for my short film, A Letter To You. It meant so much to me, and it made it even more special that it helped other people, too. 

Have you ever looked into a crowd and seen so many familiar faces, but the one that sticks out is the one that's not there? All of my close friends, some of my family, and tons of my fans showed up to these events. I was just missing the one person I really wanted there. I could have sworn I saw her, but I thought that at every show. I knew it was wishful thinking. 

I took one last look out over the crowd, soaking in the applause, and trying to find her. I felt myself begin to cry when I didn't, so I had to walk off the stage. I walked into the dressing room. I was greeted by my manager, a couple of my friends, and Ryan, the producer of the short film. They gave me congratulations, but could tell that I just needed some space. I was overwhelmed. I was happy that this had such a positive impact, but I was sad that this was my last showing. Mostly, I just missed Cammie. 

Cammie shot down my proposal in Hawaii. After she left me I put all of my energy into my work. I didn't know what to do with my life, considering I had the rest of it planned with her in mind. I still don't even know what to do. It's hardly been six months since she left. 

"Come on, Shan," Ally said, walking into my dressing room, "we have to celebrate. Quit moping around." I was thankful for at least one person in my life that didn't put up with my sad side. Everyone else was too scared to say anything when I was missing Cammie, but Ally wasn't having it. She always wanted to keep me occupied, and I was grateful for that. "Don't you dare say no," she said when she saw me hesitating. 

I forced a smile, trying to be happy about the situation I was in. "Alright," I conceded, getting up and following her out of the dressing room.

"Still thinking about her, huh?" Ally looked over at me when we were stopped at a red light. 

I pursed my lips and nodded my head. "Wish I wasn't, but I can't help it," I laughed at myself a bit. 

"You have every right to miss her, Shannon. But you also have a right to move on," she said lightly, careful not to make me angry. I tended to snap when people told me that it was time to move on, even though I knew it was true. She wasn't coming back. 

I shrugged. "Just a little more time," I insisted and she nodded tacitly. 

Flashback

------------------------------------

"Cammie, will you marry me?" My hands trembled as I held the diamond ring.

Her mouth dropped open in shock. She stared at the ring for a moment, I'm assuming she was questioning whether it was real life. After a couple seconds, she finally looked up at me. She looked in my eyes and I could see that she was crying. Most people cry during a proposal, right? That's what I was telling myself in that moment. I was trying to reason why she was looking at me the way she was. Except I had seen Cammie's happy tears. These weren't happy tears. 

I started to tear up before she had even said anything. It felt like my heart stopped in that moment. Like the world stopped spinning for just a split second. So many things were racing through my mind. I looked deep into her eyes, trying to find an answer. She snapped me out of my trance. "I can't, Shannon, I'm sorry," she could barely speak through her tears. 

I was completely bewildered and heartbroken. I thought that it could have had something to do with Sophie, but I shook that away quickly. Cammie may have been upset about that, but she knew deep down that there was nothing there.