Chapter 34

Shannon POV

"You lied to me," she said. I tried to read the expression on her face before answering her. She looked confused and a little upset, but also relieved. 

"I'm sorry," that seemed like the best response. 

"So it's true," she raised her eyebrows, definitely looking angry now. "Why would you do that?"

I sighed, "I don't know, Cammie. I didn't plan on it, it just happened. I took it too far."

"Lies don't just happen, Shannon. You really took it too far. I know I hurt you, but this wasn't fair," she raised her voice at me. I stayed quiet because I didn't know what else to say. "So your little date, coincidentally where Amy and I were going, you kissing her in front of me and then coming to my apartment after. That was all fake? That was all just to hurt me?" She sounded more hurt than angry now. 

I was even angry with myself, "I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I guess I just wanted to see that you would get jealous. I regret it now. The date was fake, yes, but spending time with you was real." 

"Why? What was all of this for?" 

I sighed and felt myself start to tear up. I knew it was all about to come out. "Because I want you back, Cammie," I started crying, "I want to be with you but I can't. You hurt me and I needed to buy myself time so that I wouldn't just fall back into your arms again the second you came back." 

Her eyes widened. She definitely wasn't expecting any of the things that I just said. Her eyes started to water, "I'm so sorry." She just looked at me for a minute and then took one small step closer to me. She noticed that I didn't move away, which was partly because I wanted her to come closer. And she did. She took another step towards me and this time she placed her hand softly on my hip. I got chills when she touched me. 

I wanted to tell her to stop because I knew this wasn't a good idea. I didn't just want to let her back in, but I wanted her so bad. I wanted to hate her for these last few months but it was impossible. "Cam, please," I said, as if I was begging her to do it, but also begging her to stop. 

"I miss you," she whimpered, letting her tears fall. She placed both hands softly on my hips now and looked up at me. I tried not to look in her eyes for as long as I could, but it was inevitable. I looked down and met her shimmery green eyes with mine and pulled her into me. I could feel her tears stain my shirt. 

Everything about this felt so wrong and so right at the same time. Her body against mine was intoxicating, I had trouble reminding myself that I shouldn't let her back in. I hugged her tighter when I should have pushed her off of me. When I did, she cried harder into my chest. 

We stayed like that for a few moments and then she pulled away to look up at me once again. I raised my hand to put it on her neck. I don't know what made me do it, but I couldn't help myself. I wiped away her tears with my thumb and then traced it along her cheek. "I miss you, too," I whispered to her. 

She smiled through the tears and stood up on her tip toes. We were nose to nose for a second. I could feel her breathing on my lips and she looked down at them, waiting to close the gap. I didn't move an inch. I couldn't bring myself to do it, no matter how badly I wanted it. 

She shifted her body and I felt her lips brush against mine and my knees went weak. She must have noticed it because afterwards, she slowly moved in closer until her lips were on mine. Our lips didn't move, they just stayed interlocked. I wanted that kiss to last forever. I wanted to push her up against the wall and kiss her like my life depended on it, but I didn't. The kiss lasted a few seconds until I pulled away.