Chapter 29

Shannon POV

I really did feel bad about what happened last night with Sophie, even though it wasn't my fault. Sophie should have knocked, but I just couldn't bring myself to be rude to her either way. I know Cammie wasn't happy about that, though. 

Cammie was still sleeping when I woke up. I tried to cuddle with her last night but she just gave me her back. I could tell she wasn't mad at me, she was just mad at the situation. "Good morning, beautiful," I whispered into her ear and placed a kiss on her cheek. 

It took a few more cheek kisses before she finally stirred awake. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I gave her another kiss on the cheek and held it for a second. I felt her lean into it a little bit. "Let's have a good day, okay?" I asked her, softly. I wanted this to be a good trip, even if she was already aggravated with Sophie. 

She just nodded so I gave her a kiss. It was just a quick peck because I figured she was still not happy, so I was surprised when she pulled me back down and gave me a more meaningful kiss. I couldn't help but smile into it. 

I got ready pretty quick, Cam did, too. It was only about 10 am. We walked out into the kitchen and I jumped a foot in the air when everyone jumped out and said, "happy birthday, Shannon!!" 

"Are you guys trying to give me a heart attack?" I asked jokingly. They had gotten me balloons and made me breakfast. I gave them all hugs and thanked them before we sat down to eat. 

I sat down first and Cammie quickly grabbed the seat next to me before Sophie could. Sophie sat awkwardly across from me, and I noticed the devilish looks that Cam was giving her every time she looked at me. "So what's the plan for today?" Ally piped up, thankfully killing the awkward silence. 

"Skydiving," I smirked at her and she fist bumped me across the table. 

Almost everyone got excited about it, except for Cam and Sophie. "I'm so nervous," Sophie spoke with that innocent voice that was, without a doubt, directed at me. 

Ally gave me a look when she heard Sophie talking to me like that. I locked eyes with her and she quickly glanced at Cam and then back at me as if to tell me to be careful. I nodded back at her. 

The rest of breakfast was fine. We all finished getting ready for the day. Cammie and I were in the bedroom, she was sitting on the edge of the bed watching me finish my hair. "I volunteer to push her out of the plane," she said in all seriousness. 

I laughed, "you really don't like her, huh?" 

She shook her head aggressively. "How could I like her? She's always looking at you with lovey-dovey eyes. It drives me crazy," she ranted, pacing around the bedroom now. I smiled at her. Frankly, I found this amusing. "Oh you think this is funny?" She snapped at me. 

I sighed, unable to stop smiling. "You're being ridiculous, Cam. She's obviously just doing it to get on your nerves," I tried to calm her down but I immediately regretted my word choice as soon as I saw the look on her face.

"I'm being ridiculous?" She walked towards me pointing her finger at her chest. She paused for a minute and then looked at me, confused. "Do you like this? Do you like the attention she's giving you?" 

I was getting irritated now. "What are you trying to say, Cammie? All I wanted was to have a good time with all of our friends and you're making a huge deal out of this. A girl can't even breathe around me without you getting jealous." I hadn't even realized that I was raising my voice at her. Her eyes started to water but she blinked the tears away and nodded her head. 

She scoffed, biting her lip to stop it from quivering. I felt bad for going off on her, but it was tiring having to watch my every move around other girls in fear of Cammie thinking it was something more. I would never do anything to hurt her, but she always assumes I'm being more than friendly. She didn't say anything, she just walked out of the room. It was probably best that way, anyway. If we had kept arguing, I'm sure it would have gotten worse.