"Something's Up.." (Julie)

Thanks for the 2.6 million reads and 14k votes!! Yayyy (: Heehee, love you all.

And a new chapter of One Day is coming soon, I promise. Enjoy!

*Julie's POV*

I pull the wrapper off my sandwich and shove it into my mouth.

Justin chuckles. "You're a pig."

"Good thing you can't live without me then," I smirk.

Justin grabs another grape, "Fair enough. So, how are you feeling, Jules?"

"I'm okay... How are you, doofus?"

Today, Justin's taken me out on a picnic at the park we basically spend any time we can get at. With his growing fame, it's been harder and harder to hang out.

"I've been better," He chuckles.

"Awe. What's bothering poor little Jussy-Bear?" I smile.

He bites his lip, "I'm worried about you."

"Justin," I sigh. "you're my best friend. If there was something up, I'd tell you. I really would."

"I know, it's just..."

"I'm. Fine." I cut him off.

Justin's had this crazy superstition lately that I'm not being "honest" with him about how I'm "really feeling." He thinks I'm going through some girl problem or something. I honestly have no clue why he thinks that, but he does, and me constantly denying it doesn't seem to help that suspicion. I think he's just reading into my "emotions" and expressions a bit too much.

"Alright. I'm here if you need me, though," He sighs.

I punch his chest lightly. "You better be."

"You see! You are upset about something!" He jumps up.

"Jay! Chill your butt! I'm not upset! I'm really not!"

"But you are!"

"You're reading into my expressions too much."

"Julie, everything you're saying is just supporting my theory."

"Theory?! You're experimenting on me now, huh?"

"Not exactly. Or, not directly, at least."

I huff. "I'm not a test tube."

"I've realized that much."

We both laugh at our stupid little argument. 

I honestly don't think I'd be able to live without my friendship with Justin. 

Then it hits me, very, very suddenly: he's upset about something, and that's why he keeps bugging me about me being upset about something!!

"Justin..." I start. 

His eyes bulge. "Oh my God, what is it? What's happening? Julie, are you okay? Did I say something?" 

I raise my eyebrow. "Oh my God! What is with you right now! You're overreacting about everything! I'm fine, for the hundredth time!" 

He breathes a sigh of relief and I roll my eyes. "What I was going to say was: why are you freaking out so much? You keep reminding me of how well you know me, but I know you just as well! You aren't acting like yourself right now... What is it?"

"Me? Oh, I'm fine," He replies.

Is he mocking me? I can't tell.

I raise my eyebrow again, "Are you mocking me or am I reading this wrong?"

"Are you mocking me?!"

I laugh. "No! I'm not! Seriously. I'm not!"

"Alright, alright, we're both not mocking each other," He raises his hands up in defeat and picks at his fingernails.

"Okay, Justin. Something's up."

"Now you know how I've been feeling about you for the past month!" He exclaims. 

"Except there isn't anything up with me! But there is with you! And I know you're lying to me!"

He looks down and picks at his nails again.

"See! You're fidgeting! You always do that when you're nervous!"

"Damn," He mutters under his breath.

"I got you." I whisper with a smirk.

He takes a deep breath and looks up, locking eyes with me. "Julie."

"Justin."

"I-I think I might be in love with you," He says, biting his bottom lip roughly.

My breath catches in my throat. He loves me?

"You-you do?"

He nods slowly, then speeds up. 

He's so nervous.

"I don't mean to surprise you like this, it's just...I've felt like this for awhile and I didn't know what to do anymore. I hadn't told anybody and it was killing me from the inside out.. I'm sorry, Jules, I just can't stay away from you. You're far too beautiful to be wasted on some naive, idiotic guy who won't treat you right." 

I stay silent, too shocked and awed to say anything.

He continues, "I wouldn't have been able to stand watching you love anyone else. I'm sorry, J." He looks back at his feet.

"Justin," I rest my cool hand on his knee and his eyes flicker up.

"Julie," He repeats, his voice sounding hopeful.

"I think I might be in love with you, too."

He grins. "Can I kiss you now?"

"I hope you can," I giggle.

He leans into me and smashes his lips against mine. It feels perfect, like it's meant to be.

I pull away, sighing, and bite my lip, staying close by Justin's side.

He lies down on the blanket we have laid out and I lay my head on his chest.

"What's going to happen now?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know. I head to Atlanta in two weeks for another visit with Scooter, and a meeting with LA Reid."

I nod.

"Julie, can we promise each other something?"

"Yes."

"Promise me, and I'll promise you, that no matter what happens in the next few years, we'll stay strong, and we'll stay together."

"I promise," I smile.

"So do I, because I don't want any of this if I can't have you."

<3

{I hope you liked it, lovelies. Comment and vote if you did! (:

QOTD: Whats your favorite Justin Bieber fanfic? It can be from on here or from tumblr or jbff or Quotev!

>> My favorite Justin fanfic.. Its nearly impossible to choose just one, so I'd have to say my top few would be: Let Me In, I'm Only Human, and Believe. (Those are all in my library, please check them out if you're looking for something to read!)

Also - I'd love to check out a book that you've written or that you enjoyed, so leave a comment with some reccomendations! xx}