Chapter 9 - Battle

100 years later.

Since that week, Si Yin had grown to love and melded himself completely to his Kunlun Mountain life and his Disciple Brothers.  His initial problems with the spell were no longer an issue as the test Mo Yuan had devised for him fully expanded the girl within the boy so much so, that the need for Zhe Yans Personality spell wasn't necessary, though every now and then, the girls inner urge to rebel would rear its head, but not once had Mo Yuan felt it necessary to replace the spell again, instead it was replaced with a thick and impenetrable barrier spell, one that would cover the girl from all eyes without splitting her personality.

Though Mo Yuan never suppressed the inner girls natural inclination for mischief or her urge to rebel, because Si Yin was a model student the majority of the time.  Highly intelligent, he grasped even the most subtle of nuances and with his quick wit and natural ability to endear others to him, Si Yin was well loved by all of his brothers. 

At the end of every year, Mo Yuan always tested his Disciples on everything they had learned throughout the year.  Though much of it required hours of writing and verbal explanation, some of it was practical which required the ability to physically demonstrate certain skills that could not be verbalized or dictated.

And as  Si Yins talent for swordsmanship and fighting strategies grew, Mo Yuan continuously tested his skills and knowledge, until he felt he had grasped the finer details of the different thrusts or martial art moves that required absolute balance and attentiveness.  And as the boy would one day return to his true form and become the next Queen of Qing Qiu, his battling strategy tuition was extraordinarily harsh, to the point that even Die Feng had almost interfered. In fact, several times his Disciple brothers had come close to challenging what they considered to be severe treatment of their youngest junior.  And though they didn't understand why his physical education was so strict, they held back, but they did keep an eye on him.

But there was a very good reason for it.  Qing Qiu folk did not fight.  In fact they didn't even have an army, which was not a bad thing, but being the head of the largest and wealthiest Clan in all the realms, it would fall on her to protect her people should the world ever go to war and with her good looks and her clans inability to fight, he would make sure she could handle any given situation regardless of her small stature or gender.

And it was her gender and exceptionally good looks that also saw him inflict the most merciless  teaching methods on any of his Disciples.  He was ruthless with her, and intolerant of her failure.   If she was going to be as beautiful as he knew she would be,  she would also attract attention everywhere she went, and having already suffered for it as a male, he would never allow it to happen again, and being the Immortal Realm did not ensure the men in her life would be any less barbaric or predatory than those of the Mortal Realm.

So when it came to the practical part of the test, instead of splitting his Disciples into pairs which he would normally do, this time, Si Yin would face him.  He would test her on everything she had ever learned from him and what he knew she already had knowledge of.  But he would also throw in some things she had yet to be taught to test her ability to counter, strategize and formulate active decisions on her feet.

The test was set for mid afternoon when the sun would be at its highest.  Not only would Si Yin be battling him, he would also be battling the harsh elements.  And as his brothers had already completed their test, they were now lining the sparring grounds excitedly waiting in anticipation.  

Of his brothers, only Die Feng was able to keep up with him, when he wasn't using his Fox clan magic, though after that initial sparring match, he never used it again.  Their sword fights would go well into the late evening, and the battles would always end up with both of them hurt.  Neither would give in, even through the pain and injuries, they would rather die than admit defeat,  but it would always end up with Mo Yuan stepping in to end it, which he had to do every time.