Chapter 25 - The Plot

300 Years Later.

Celestial Palace, Taichen Palace.

"No one can know about this." Mo Yuan said pointedly, as he looked towards Zhe Yan who merely glared back.  "Not even Bai Zhen." he added firmly.

If Mo Yuan had his way, Zhe Yan wouldn't even be a part of the scheme they had been planning for weeks.  With the Ghost Tribes youth uprising around them, their voices were being heard and listened to.  Secretly Mo Yuan along with their informants, had attended several of their rallies to garner information on the progress the youth had made, and surprisingly they had made plenty.

 Even more surprisingly, Qing Cang seemed unable to prevent the rage that had been slowly building among his people, instead choosing to take the high road instead of addressing their concerns.  Incarcerating any leaders caught holding clandestine meetings, only saw the rage increase, and over time, that rage turned to fury when several of their leaders were put to death for daring to speak out against their Overlord.

The Bell of East Emperor had been mentioned several times, and because they not only knew of its existence, but also it's whereabouts, The Celestial Tribe could no longer ignore the fast growing dissension even if Qing Cang did.  

Mo Yuan, knew well how fast and furious a war could start when youth played a vital role.  Young minds only ever saw the glory, never taking into account the consequences or the ramifications of what their actions would have on their futures let alone the rest of the world they shared it with.  And being young and never having fought in a real war, the thought of triumphant conquests and illustrious titles merely fueled their desire to hasten their plans to victory.

And it was the Ghost Clans youths desire to see an end to their supposed misery under The Celestials they hated more than anything, that brought about his meeting that day.  With him was Dong Hua Di Jun, The Fox King Bai Zhi, Zhe Yan and himself.

"Our time is limited, so we must move swiftly.  There can be no mistakes." Mo Yuan said as he quickly rose.  Though one thing had bothered him, but with so much planning to do and meetings to oversee, he had yet to find the time to ask.

"How did you learn of it's exact whereabouts?" he asked.

Suddenly Zhe Yan began to fidget slightly and Di Jun suddenly became very interested in his tea cup, which raised his eyebrows in surprise, and nor was it missed by Bai Zhi, who was also looking about the room wondering what he had missed.

"Uhh.  Well you know Mo Yuan, there is one such person who was able to help us gather that information, but you know we really had no choice to ask them, their magic is somewhat unique and ...."

"Zhe Yan stop your babbling and answer the question!" Mo Yuan snapped, suddenly feeling anxious, Zhe Yan was prone to talking around issues, but his fidgeting and sudden stuttering showed it was a question he not only didn't want to answer, but was one he was not prepared for.

Looking up abruptly and then towards Di Jun, Zhe Yan wished he were somewhere else as he once again looked back at Mo Yuan, while completely avoided eye contact with Bai Zhi.  

"Well you know Mo Yuan, we would never have asked for her help if there was no other way, but her gifting is so strong that we really didn't have..."

"Answer the question!" Bai Zhi cut in bluntly, also wanting to know, but suddenly afraid of the answer.

"Bai Qian." Zhe Yan said quietly.

There was dead silence, no one moved as Mo Yuan slowly turned his head to look around the room.   Not only had Di Jun found something extraordinary inside his cup, but Zhe Yan looked as if he were about to be ill.