Chapter 29 - The Bell of East Emperor 3

No sooner had they arrived, than Die Feng immediately descended on them.  "Shifu. what are your orders?" he asked as Mo Yuan took in the scene before and below him, and having spent precious minutes searching for him, Die Feng released a harsh breath of relief at his sudden appearance.

"Gather your juniors and remain stagnant." he said, as Die Feng bowed and left to carry out his instructions, though the slight frown had him worried.  Not wanting to move too far away seeing as how the war below was steadily gathering pace and how far into the air it had risen, he did not move them too far away.  

Looking down at Si Yin, he gave him a smile of encouragement, before also ordering him to gather with his seniors.  Though when he lightly placed his hand on his shoulder, Mo Yuan instantly felt the surge of transition energy swelling within him. Now that they were back, their bodies had instantly caught up with their own world, and he could clearly feel that her Heavenly Trial was very very close.

"When it hits, gather your energy into your hands.  As you ascend, the extra power that will surge through, might be too much for the barrier around the baby, this way, you will still ascend, but the child will be less likely to be affected by it." he said softly as they gazed at each other lovingly one last time.  Then pushing him towards his seniors, Si Yin left as Mo Yuan joined Bai Zhi, Dong Hua Di Jun and Honghui to discuss their options, though if he was surprised to see Princess Yan Zhi with them, he said nothing.

"As you can see, the mess is becoming even more so." Honghui said, as they all looked down.  Many of the Ghost Tribes warriors were already in the tree tops as the rage below them steadily grew in intensity as it rose up.  Hundreds if not thousands already lay dead or dying and in the midst of them all, was Qing Cang.

The fiery bursts from his Halberd exploded without direction or mercy killing even more as he rampaged among Aiguos armies.  The screams of terror from the dying was painful, but worse was the cold blooded murder being committed by both sides.  Mo Yuan knew, they would soon have to either step in or face it when they rose out of the forest and into the air among them.  They could not allow their war to spread beyond their border, that included the skies above them.

Moving towards Di Jun, Mo Yuan talked quietly with him as to his intentions.  "We will wait.  As long they remain contained within their own Realm and he does not unleash the bell, it has nothing to do with us." he informed him receiving a nod in agreement.

"Good.  It is what we have also decided." Mo Yuan said as he moved towards Bai Zhi, who was looking very ill.  "Its cold blooded murder." he said sadly as Mo Yuan joined him.  But when several of the Ghost Realms solders broke through the tree tops and into the air, they all automatically fell back.

Looking towards his Disciples, he gave Die Feng the order to move his juniors back further but to stay together, which they did as they too watched on in horror.  Though obeying every command as ordered, Si Yins eyes never once left Mo Yuan.  

Suddenly feeling movement behind him, Mo Yuan turned to find Honghui had ordered his armies into their formations and his battalions to completely surround the Ghost Tribes border.  Following suit, Dong Hui gave the same order to His Celestial Armies, while Mo Yuan immediately gathered his Disciples together and ordered them all into small groups of 4.  "Take your places at the 4 corners, stay together, look after each other." he said as they all bowed once before moving out and taking their places alongside the Celestial and Demon Clans.

________________________________________________________

In this position and high above the land below, Si Yin could see the entire Ghost Realm, flashes of movement below and the thousands upon thousands of soldiers in the tree tops.  It was an impressive sight even for Mo Yuan as not a single one of their own soldiers moved from their places. But as the war below dragged on, Si Yin began to lose interest fast.