Chapter 30 - The Opposing Trials

Instantly a terrifying roar exploded outwards. The nuclear eruption of hell fire suddenly enveloped the Heavens above them all as The Bell of East Emperor exploded outwards and as the first combustive rupture of its monstrous discharge released, the rumbling of lightening filled the darkening skies above Si Yin as her mind was ripped apart by the two opposing energies building up above his head.  

In an instant, Si Yin comprehended exactly what was happening, but her eyes, her mind could not believe it.  "He's released the bell." she whispered in horror and as her eyes raised with only one man on her mind now, Si Yins only desire was to reach him.  Turning her head in every direction she searched the skies for his gold war helmet, the only thing that stood out among the black and blue that crowded the skies around her.

But with no sign of him as her eyes lost themselves to the distorted view of the thousands who shared the sky with her, she began to panic. 

 And then the petrifying chilling roar of the thousands, rose and fell and rose again as they too began to comprehend what had just been unleashed on them all.

The sound of terror that filled the very air she was sucking into her lungs faster than she could expel it heightened her panic.  "MO YUAN!" she screamed, desperate to find him knowing he would be somewhere near the bell, but no matter where her eyes fell, she couldn't see him anywhere and the more frantic she became, the more the transition energy throbbed and pulsated painfully within her.  

Fire spewed everywhere around her, but not once did she stop to wonder why it never hit her, being so lost in the confusion that was now raging around her.  And with the darkening clouds still forming above her, the transition  energy began to pulsate faster within her body, her heart beat began to slow, her body stilled and the tears in her eyes ceased as the lightening above her continued to build. 

Forcing her mind to calm itself down, Si Yin who was still suspended in the air, suddenly felt herself moving rapidly as Mo Yuan and her father Bai Zhi grabbed an arm each and forced her to the ground and straight into the arms of her brother, before Mo Yuan raced to his Disciples to order them all her side.  "Keep him safe." he screamed at Die Feng as he turned his head back towards the Bell. It took less than 5  minutes, but as he raced forward to tackle the Bell, Honghui was already there releasing the closing spell.

Perfect Mo Yuan thought to himself.   With Honghui already in action, he turned his attention back to Qing Cang.  Still in the air, but weak and bleeding profusely from his fatal wounds, he knew he didn't have much time.  But as his eyes raised up to Honghui he needed to get him into the bell before the spell took hold.  

Immediately Mo Yuan flew at him and as Honghui began the chant, he attacked The Ghost Lords body from every angle.  No longer able to fight back, Qing Cangs spirit began to unravel within very quickly.  The raw rage and hate in his eyes as he tried to block the attack only fueled Mo Yuans desire to end it and with one well placed kick to his abdomen, Mo Yuan sent his body flying upwards.

Screaming, the terror in his eyes flared out towards him, and for a brief moment, Mo Yuan felt truly sorry that a man who had once been held in such high regard by the world, had been reduced to such an horrific and public death, one that would forever be remembered as the downfall of the Greatest Overlord of the Dark Realms.

That Qing Cang had allowed this war to go as far as it did, was the most tragic of all.  He could have ended it before it began, but it was his arrogance and years of pampered opulence that saw his blatant disregard for those who relied heavily on him to suffer unfairly to the point of rebellion.  And though The Celestial Tribe was blamed for their suffering, it was merely an excuse, but one that would cost his Tribe dearly.