Just The 3 Of Us

It was one of those rare days Blue came homefrom school and her parents weren't home

from school and her parents weren't home. They let her know beforehand that they would be busy for most of the day but they would try to make it home before it was her bedtime.
"Blue let me see your book bag" her nanny said.
"I don't have any homework."
"Let me see your book bag anyway" she said knowingly.
She sighed then handed the bag to her.
She immediately went for the homework folder.
"What's this?" There was two different sheets of homework one math, one reading.
"Wow I don't know how that got there" she did her best to convince her nanny.
"Blue you know mommy and daddy aren't gonna like that you told a story to me" she warned.
"Why do you have to tell them?" She whined.
"Because you know not telling the truth is wrong."
"I'm sorry please don't tell on me" she pleaded.
Her nanny shook her head "I have to Blue, cmon let's do this homework then I can fix you a snack."
Blue finished her homework with help from her nanny pretty painlessly.
"See that was easy you're so good with your school work I don't know why you tried to hide it" she encouraged her.
"Can I have my snack now?" Blue asked.
"Yes sweetie" she got a fruit cup and some cookies.
"Yummy! Fruit cup" Blue clapped. She watched the child devour the fruit cup, when she was finished with the fruit she went to drink the juice at the bottom but she was moving so quickly she spilled it on herself.
"Oh noooo!" She yelled.
"It's okay come on let's put you in the tub and change those clothes.

____________________________

After her bath she was allowed to do her own thing until dinner. When she got bored of tv her iPad and playing with her toys she decided to peak into her brother and sister's room.
She found them awake and cooing back and forth between each other.
"Hey Rumi, hi Sir!"
They both smiled at their big sister.
"What are you guys in here taking about?"
Rumi cooed again.
"I don't know what that means" Blue giggled.
She stuck her finger out so Sir could grab it.
"Hi Sir Sir, I missed you when I was in school little brother."
Sir flailed his legs excitedly as his sister talked to him.
She reached her other finger out so Rumi could grab on.
"Can't forget about you little sis, I missed you too."
Blue stayed in the room for a while playing with them.
"It's time for them to eat you wanna help"one of the twins nannies asked.
She shook her head yes.
She went to prepare the bottle when she came back she laid the twins down so Blue could hold the bottle for them.
"I can feed both at the same time I'm getting good" Blue boasted.
She even helped pat their back when it was time to burp them.

___________________________

Blue's nanny went in her room looking for her so she could eat dinner when she didn't find her in her room she knew exactly where she'd be.
"Hey Blue it's time to eat" she said walking into the twins room.
"Thank goodness! Rumi and Sir were making me hungry."
While she was at the table eating her parents walked in.
"Mommy daddy!!" She jumped up and ran to go hug them.
"Hi baby" her mother greeted her.
"Wassup lefty."
"I missed you guys."
"We missed you too Blue but we told you we'd be back before bedtime right?" Her father asked.
She shook her head yes.
"We had a little accident with a fruit cup so she took a bath earlier so she doesn't need one before bed" her nanny said.
"And we had another little mishap but I'll let Blue tell you about that."
Her parents looked at her waiting for her to explain. Blue was a smart girl and sassy so this could be about anything.
"I said I didn't have homework when I did" she put on her best pouty face.
"Blue why are you telling stories?" Her mother asked.
"I don't know" she pouted again.
"Im taking away your iPad for the whole day tomorrow you know better" she said sternly.
Jay looked at her as if he disagreed but knew better than to say anything especially in front of Blue.
"Finish your food lefty so you can get in the bed" her dad told her.

____________________________

They read their daughter to sleep together like they did every night. Then went to check on the twins. They gave them some extra love since they'd been gone for most of the day.
"Bey did you really have to take away her iPad? She barely ever lies and she seemed to be sorry."
"Jay she knows better she knows to tell the truth just because she's sorry and she puts on that pouty face you can't resist doesn't mean she doesn't get punished."
"You're right I'm just getting soft out here, Rumi don't ever lie cuz daddy isn't gonna be able to punish you."
She laughed at her husband.
"What about if Sir lies?" She asked.
"He gone get his little ass beat he already know wassup."
She shook her head "Double standards huh?"
He laughed "Nah I'm playing he just gonna get a stern man to man talk."
"What happens if mommy lies?" She bit her lip.
He put Rumi down in her crib then took Sir from her and put him down.
"Mommy better not be lying to me SHE knows better."
"No she don't" she chuckled.
"Well I guess daddy gonna have to punish mommy then" he shrugged.

How cute & chunky are Rumi & Sir?! I'm still not over it 😍