Rose Gold Party

"Mommy did you remember everything I said I wanted?" Her oldest daughter asked as she laid in bed about to go to sleep for the night. Tomorrow was the big day, the birthday party she hadn't stopped talking about for months.
"Yes Blue everything I wrote it down" she assured her.
"The color, the make up tables and my grand entrance, even the carpet I wanted to walk on?" Blue tested.
"What color did you want your party to be again.. green?" She joked with her daughter.
"Noooo mommy!" She whined. "Rose gold" she emphasized.
"I know baby I'm kidding how could I forget rose gold for my baby Blue" she smiled.
"I'm not a baby" she corrected her.
"You'll always be my baby."
Blue yawned "I guess that's ok."
"Go to sleep honey, mommy is gonna make sure you have everything you want for your party don't worry about it."
"Okay mommy thank you goodnight" she smiled.
Beyoncé smiled at the fact her young daughter thanked her. A lot of privileged kids are ungrateful her daughter had her moments, like any child did but she was a very grateful and polite child so she didn't mind going above and beyond for things like this.

________

"Your daughter was in there hounding me about this party" Beyoncé chuckled telling her husband.
"She is really serious about this I guess she's at that age" Jay said.
"Yeah I guess so."
"Gotta make sure my babies party is perfect" he said.
"She told me tonight she's not a baby anymore."
"She told you that, not me" he clarified.
She smacked his chest "be quiet boy!"

______

That day they wasted no time getting the backyard ready for Blue's party. It would be under a tent for privacy's sake but much more impressive on the inside than on the outside. Everyone was even dressed the way Blue said. Girls had to wear some kind of pink the boys didn't have to. She especially excused the pink rule for boys for her dad, knowing how much he loves wearing black.

"Sir and Rumi look soo cute!" Blue said seeing her siblings all dressed up for the party

"Spin around Rumi."
Rumi twirled so her little frilly skirt moved with her.
"Ok Rumi you should stop now you're gonna get dizzy" her older sister warned.
That suggestion was too late Rumi fell on her bottom laughing.
"And Sir I'm sorry but no cars at my party cuz I know you like to roll over people with them."
Sir just blankly stared at his sister. If he did actually understand her he was probably thinking "I do what I want" anyway.
"Okay little missy why don't you go get ready your friends will be here soon."

_______