Chapter 13

THEA POV

The Grove was beautiful at night. The lights were on and everyone seems to be having fun. I sat at café and ordered some coffee. I never liked coffee, but it was the only way I can stay up all night without falling to sleep and walking up screaming. The nightmares weren't getting better and I didn't want to scare the living soul out of Pam.

"Hey, I saw your green eyes and thought it was a traffic light so I go and end up here," a Syrian walked up to me.

"Smooth," I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Did you practice?" I asked.

"Nah, I am a natural," he winked. "I'm George," he sat in the empty chair in front of me.

"Thea," I said.

"You here alone?"

I nodded.

"I am new here. Just thought I get out of the house and explore LA."

"You come to LA alone?" he asked.

"Well," I started. "I'm with a friend but she was tired so she took a nap," I explained.

"I see," he said. "do you like LA so far?"

"It's a lot to take in," I said.

"Where are you staying?" I asked.

"My-" I paused. Who was Logan to me? "step-brother's house."

"Step-brother huh?" he nodded. "I'm guessing he is a pain in the ass and now you are sitting here alone."

"Pain in the ass is touching it lightly,' I mumbled.

"That bad, huh?"

"There's two of them," I said.

"Twins?"

"No, but they could be the same person," I said.

"I see," he said.

"What about you?" I asked. "what brings you to LA?"

"Why do people move here? It's where dreams come true," he said.

"Have it?" I asked. "have it come true?"

"It's getting there," he said.

"Actor or singer?" I asked. "which one are you?"

"Which one do I look like to you?" he asked. I leaned back of my seat and took a good look at him. Then it clicked. I knew who he was. George is Logan's friend. Damn it. Why can't I get rid of them?

"I should go," I said.

"Wait what?" George looked confused.

"I mean, I- damn it. I'm being mean. It's late and I should be back before they worry," I tried to explain. He seems like a nice guy and I didn't want to offend him just because of his poor choice of friends.

"But you said they don't like you," he said. "why would they care?"

"They don't," I said. "and I don't need their approval," I assure him. "I don't have the keys so it would be bad if I get locked out."

"Oh, I see," he said. I got up and so did he.

"It's nice to meet you," I said.

"You too," he smiled. "Hope we can bump into each other next time."

"I would like that," I said, genuinely. "But no more catchy puns."

"Aha! I knew they were catchy," he smiled wider.

I started walking away but turned around seeing him looking at me. "and both," I said.

"What?"

"You look like both an actor and a singer. You'll do great, George," I said.

He smiled wider and now I could see his perfect white teeth. I reached for my phone to pull up the map so I can find my way home but my phone died. Great. Is it too late to ask George for help?

I looked around and think I can walk back. I remember the way here. It shouldn't be that bad. I slipped my phone back into my bag and started walking.

After thirty minutes, I was still lost. Damn these shoes that is eating my feet. My heels were bleeding. I was still in the middle of nowhere and the streets were getting dark.

"Hey there sexy," a man walked up to me.

I walked pass him.

"Not so nice, are you?" he followed me.

I ignore him again. They he grabbed my waist in his arm.

"Leave me alone!" I tried to pull my hand away but he held on tighter. I could smell alcohol and smoke on him.

"Leave her alone," a dark voice sound behind me.

The drunk man looked up, intimidated, he walked away.

I turned around and I tall bulk man who looked like a human size hunk greeted me.

"I'm Matt," he said. "You shouldn't walk on the streets alone," he said.

"I'll be fine," I said.

"Do you need a ride?" he asked.

"No, I'm good," I replied.

I walked into the closest store that was open. It was a boxing gym. More dangerous large men. Great.

"Hey!" A brunette woman walked up to me with a wide smile. "how can I help you?" she asked.

"I-" I paused and something caught my eyes. A man at the corner was fighting like his life depended on it.

"that's my husband," the girl said proudly.

If I could fight like that, I would've been safe from my mom and the people she brings home with. I felt the chills thinking of all the drunk men in my house drinking their live away while my room was just a few feet from them. Nightmares flashed in my eyes and I felt my stomach tied in knots.

"Do you want to sign up? We have a free trail," she said.

"I will think about it," I said.

"Great. Here is my card," she hands me her card. "call me if you want to schedule a lesson."

"Thank you," I said.

I head out the door but before I got out, I turned back and walked towards her. "By any chance you know where 1600 is?" I asked.

"It's two blocks down," she said.

"Thank you," I said.

As I walked out the door, the heat of LA hits me in the face. Yep, this is still hell.

Suddenly, a strong arm grabbed my wrist. Logan.