Chapter 15

I was awake all night, staring at the white ceiling.

"Hey darling," Pam said when she came out of the toilet. "I'm heading out with Erika today for her vlog. You can come with us if you want."

"I don't mind staying behind," I said. I really need rest. My eyes were dead tired and my brain was shutting down.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yeah. I want to look up for some music school," I said.

"That's great!" she said.

"Have fun," I said.

She smiled to me fore she left. I curled into a ball on the bed and let my eyelids weight down.

"You bitch!" mom shouted. "you are my complication!"

"Mom, please stop," I begged. She was hitting me with a hanger for the past ten minutes since she came home.

"I need money! Why can't you go earn money? Why do I have to do everything?"

"I am only 8," I said.

"That's no excuse to be lazy!" she hit me again.

"Mommy," I cried. "I did my homework and the dishes."

"Does homework earn money? No!" she screamed. She pulled my hair back and slabbed my face on the counter. "You know what I had to do to earn money for dinner? You know what I had to do you can be in school? You, unthankful piece of shit."

She hits me more and screamed even louder. She was drunk. She wore the smell of alcohol like accessories.

I jerk away and found my palm sweating. I jerk up when I heard someone watching. It was Logan. Damn. Was I screaming? My throat felt bare and dry.

"You okay?" Evan was here too.

I nodded to reply.

"Do you need water?" Evan asked.

Logan's eyes peered through mine.