Chapter 28

Percy

I walked home, dreading what I would encounter when I got home.

Carefully, I walked into my house.

I wasn't sure where my car was, my memory a little fuzzy, but Calypso had reminded me of past events.

I felt so dirty.

I cheated.

How could I cheat on the person I love?

How could I turn into...
How could I turn into my father?

When I reached my bedroom door, Nico was waiting for me.

"Neeks.."

He waved his hand in front of me, cutting me off.

He shoved a piece of paper into my hands and went back into our room, slamming the door behind him.

I slid down, leaning against the door.
He knows

I smoothed out the piece of paper in my hands and looked at it.

It was a prom ticket.

Cautiously, I stood up and knocked on the door.

Nico opened it and stared at me, emotionless.

"Are you asking me to prom?"

He narrowed his eyes.

"I'm not asking you. You're going with me. And since when are you about asking? You sure as hell didn't even try to talk to me last night."

He stormed out the room and I heard the front door shut.

I stood there, feeling my heart break.

My mom and Paul walked out their bedroom and watched me.

"Percy... Are you okay?"

I looked up at her numbly.

"I... I just lost him..."

Paul cleared his throat.

"Then go after him."

I looked at the floor and ran out to the streets.

Nico wasn't in sight, but I knew where he was.

When I got to the park, Nico was swinging, very slowly.

I sat next to him.

"Nico?"

No reply.

"Nico... I'm really fucking sorry."

No reply.

"I'm really sorry and if I could go back in time, I would. I would stay home and watch tv with you. I wouldn't have gone. I wouldn't have done what I did, because that was wrong and low and it was the worst possible thing I could've ever done to you and I'm an idiot. I fucked up and I know that you shouldn't forgive me, hell even I won't forgive me, but you can't leave me. You're my everything and if you left, I would be nothing. You keep me together and I know its stupid to say because I'm only 17 and you're only 16, but I'm willing to try. I want to try to be good for you. I can't let you go. I can't let you leave me. So please don't leave me."

I got off the swings and stood in front of him.

He had tears in his eyes, but his expression wasn't any more forgiving than it was earlier.

"Nico, please. You know that I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you. Okay? I fucking love you and I can't let you go. I need you and I want you and I love you and I can't live without you. Please, Nico, say something."

He stayed quiet and I leaned down, pressing my forehead to his.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. Please stay with me, because I can't live without you."

He didn't respond, but he pressed his lips to mine.

We stayed at the park for hours, not saying much, but just enjoying our presence.

I closed my eyes and pulled him close, breathing in his smell.

He still smelled like vanilla and honey.

"Can we go home?"

I nodded.

"Anything for you."

A/N: Heyy better now? Well the end is suuuuuper close man. Like no more than 5 chapters. Hehe c: