You Can't Tell Anyone (44?!)

The whole room was filled with cries and smoke, you quickly grabbed a tea towel and ran over to the hob batting away the smoke and moving the saucepan to the sink, burning yourself in the process, you yelled out in pain and threw the pan which landed with a clang into the sink.

"FUCK!" You screamed, all the noise and stress making the crying even louder. You quickly opened a window before running to the high chair and pulling a very disgruntled Nathan out, placing him on your hip as you busied yourself with fixing up your now second attempt at making Nathan and Skylar some scrambled egg for their lunch.

"Holy shit, Y/N what the fuck is going on?!" Simon yelled in concern, quickly grabbing the tea towel and wafting some of the smoke away.

"Trying to cook with two teething children!" You screamed over Nathan's cries.

"Do you need help?" He asked loudly, opening even more windows and running the tap to start soaking the blackened egg stained pan.

"Why does it look like I'm struggling?!" You said sarcastically, suddenly hearing the front door open, you dropped your spatula and bolted over to it.

"How long does it take to get teething gel from the pharmacy?!" You practically screamed at josh, really not helping the mood of a screaming boy on your hip and a very upset young lady in Josh's arms.

"It's not my fault, the place was packed with people stocking up on cold and flu crap!" He barked back.

"Its teething gel, surely you thought to go somewhere else like Boots to look for it?!" You spat.

"Actually yes I did but that was equally as packed with teenagers buying Halloween makeup, not to mention little missy here throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the car park!" Josh gripped Skylar to his chest, not noticing the small sobs escaping her.

"GUYS?!" Simon screamed over all the shouting and crying. You all whipped your heads around to Simon who was stood there looking flabbergasted at the two of you seemingly trying to outscream your kids.

"Your kids are crying you know, maybe be there for them instead of screaming over them and stressing them out more?!" He said with a small waver in his voice, he was scared to challenge you, your hormones were going crazy right now, not to mention lack of sleep.

"You think you can do a better job parenting?! Here, go ahead!" And Roth that you handed Simon your child and stormed off upstairs. They looked at each other with exasperated looks before being interrupted by the fire alarm going off once again.

You slammed your door and fell back on your bed, rubbing your temples with your index fingers and trying to block out the muffled screams of your children. A silent tear slid down your cheek as you bit your lip to try and withhold your sobs.

You sat up and wiped the tears away before crawling under the covers and cuddling up with Josh's pillow. Ignoring the arguments between josh and Simon downstairs. You clenched your eyes shut and prayed for everything to stop.

You felt yourself slipping into sleep before you were brought into consciousness by the doorbell. You got up and started making your way downstairs, confusion setting in as you walked through a practically silent house. It seemed untouched, as if grumpy kids hadn't wrecked everything, it all seemed how it used to be before the kids came along.

You opened the door to see josh. He looked sad. He looked a mess.

"Josh? Why aren't you with the kids? Where have you been?" You asked, your eyebrows knotting in confusion.

"Y/N I'm leaving. I've been bad, I've been talking to someone behind your back and I feel so guilty. The moment I did it, I knew it was all wrong, but I couldn't help it. I had to. It felt good. So, I've decided to leave. I want to go and live a good life and I know you won't want me after this." Your mouth went dry and your hands formed fists.