Section 2.1 of Chapter 2: The Reapings

2.1 - In the courtyard of the prison known as Hogwarts, a half an hour later-HP:

          "Hem, hem. Welcome to the Reaping of the first ever Hero Hunger Games!", a witch named Dolores Umbridge said with a high-pitched, sickly-sweet voice to cover up her clearing her throat. "As you all know, the Pact has agreed to host such an event, and we will be picking your names right away. A boy and girl shall be chosen as Tributes. Ladies first!", Umbridge said with a giggle. A silence followed her words, as the whole crowd of Witches and Wizards anticipated her next words. Umbridge caught the piece of paper that exploded out of the Goblet of Fire and said "Interesting. Very interesting. The female Tribute will be...-", silence, yet again.... "-Rose Granger-Weasley!". "NO! NOT ROSE! It can't be Rose!", that was Rose's mother, Hermione Granger. "I...-" "Mom, I forbid you. I am perfectly capable of winning. For Hugo and Dad's sake, don't volunteer.", Rose said firmly. "Are... Are you sure?", Hermione wasn't prepared for that. "Yes.", Rose affirmed with a somewhat forced smile. "I'll be fine." "And now for the male Tribute", Umbridge intervened as Rose walked towards the new makeshift stage. She caught another piece of paper from the air, and actually looked a tad bit disappointed. "The male Tribute for the Wizards will be... Scorpius Malfoy." "Mom, Dad, I'm ready for this. Don't worry about me.", Scorpius quickly said before Draco or Astoria Malfoy could interject. He walked towards the stage and joined Rose. "Ugh, not you... ", Rose said as if she were disgusted, and turned away as Scorpius smiled sheepishly. "Ladies and gentlemen, behold the tributes for the Wizards!", Umbridge giggled. No one applauded, so she snarled and said "Very well, be off!", and disapparated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------