Section 5.6 of Chapter 5: Departures and Travels

5.6 - Again in the Capitol Hospital-THG:

         Peeta woke up from his sleep and looked around. Katniss was still asleep, and Evan Walker was nowhere in sight. He got up slowly, grimacing at the pain, wincing at every movement. But the pain had certainly gotten better from all the medicine that Evan gave. 'That Evan!' Peeta thought. 'That Evan and we don't even know anything about him other than his name. Or is his name even his real one? How can Katniss and I trust him?!?!?!?'. A clattering noise sounded behind him as a door opened. It was Evan Walker coming back, and when Katniss bolted up, awake and ready, he started apologizing over and over though he didn't need to. 'Canadian.' Peeta thought. When Evan suddenly looked at him, Peeta thought Evan had telepathic powers, and Evan just stood there, waiting... Peeta finally got tired of the silence and asked out loud "Why are you just standing there?" and Evan replied "I asked you a question after I came in. I'll repeat it, are you alright?" Peeta internally face-palmed at his stupidity and replied "OH, yep, yep. All good!" and gave Evan a thumbs up to further his point. Katniss meanwhile, sighed and made as if to lie down again, but Evan said "WAIT no don't sleep yet, we have important work to do, we have to get you out of here." Katniss and Peeta bolted up out of their beds, ignoring their injuries, and said at the same time "WHAT?" Evan smiled and said "I know a couple of kids who are willing to help.", and he winked.

* * *

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------