Section 9.5 of Chapter 9: Let the Games Begin

9.5- At the Cornucopia-LOTR:

               Tauriel watched the last of the supplies being taken, and knew that if she was going to grab her own, she'd have to take it from one of the Tributes. She analyzed the other Tributes' fighting styles if she could, yet some were too unpredictable for her to make a move on. There was a huge explosion that rattled the horn of the Cornucopia, she wasn't sure what had happened there. 'Perhaps a gas explosion? A leftover mine?' Neither possibility seemed like one she would want to face. As she made her way back to the mouth of the horn, she notched an arrow in her Elvish bow, and waited. The near-silence was eerie, this wasn't like battling Orcs. As she rounded the corner, she heard breathing. 'Should I strike, or let them come to me?' she thought, weighing the consequences. In the end, she decided it would be more wise to wait there. And so she waited, quietly, like a cat baiting a mouse. Heart pounding, she still made no noise, as she was trained when she was younger, and as her Elvish body would allow her to. The breathing she was listening to quickened. Tauriel had the arrow aimed right at the corner of the building, ready to fly. Someone stumbled into her line of sight, and still Tauriel waited. That person collapsed on the ground, and Tauriel went to check if they were dying. She approached slowly, then tried to turn the body over. A sudden knife flash, and she bounced back, bow at the ready again. The hooded figure with a knife moved quickly back, and then sidestepped as Tauriel's arrow flew. She looked around, and didn't know where they had gone. The next thing Tauriel knew, she felt a cold, sharp sting at the back of her neck followed by warm blood on her hands, pulsing with pain to the beat of her heartbeat. She gasped, and managed to get down on one knee. She saw a smile under the hood before her would-be killer bolted. She clutched her neck as she went down, and then whispered in Elvish before her eyes lost sight and her chest lay still. A cannon went off, though Tauriel could hear it no longer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------