Section 2.3 of Chapter 2: The Reapings

2.3 - In the plains of Idris-TMI:

             Simon Lewis was being held hostage with a seraph blade to his neck. He was being forced by two Pact members to conduct the Reaping, or else he would be forced to be made a Forsaken monster. "Simon!", Clary shouted as soon as she saw him being held against his will. "Simon!". Clary was caught by a Pact member, and was struggling with them while yelling for her best friend. "Tell her to shut up. Do it or we will make you watch while we kill her.", the Pact Member holding the seraph blade to Simon said. "CLARY. Just.... Shut up, okay?", Simon said as tears escaped him. Clary, hurt, but catching the look in his eyes, stopped struggling, and kept her mouth shut. "We have to get this through." Simon reached into the Mortal Cup and drew a name from it. "The female Tribute will be...... Oh my gosh... Emma Carstairs." Emma stifled a gasp and made her way to where Simon and his Pact guards were. Emma, horrified, looked towards her boyfriend Julian Blackthorn and mouthed 'JULES'. An unspoken understanding passed between them, and Julian stepped forward. "Emma is my parabatai. Wherever she goes, I go. I volunteer as Tribute.", Julian said with a smile, proud of making the right choice. He looked towards Emma, and she beamed at him. This wouldn't be so bad if they were in it together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------