Section 2.5 of Chapter 2: The Reapings

2.5 - In the Prancing Pony Inn-LOTR:

               Gandalf, who was being forced to speak after threats from Sauron, was already keen on getting the words out. With his staff, he picked two pieces of paper inside a hat, and tossed them into the fire. His Black Rider escorts snarled, but Gandalf reached in, and saw words appearing on the page. With a relieved look, he said "The female tribute will be Tauriel." He smiled for he knew that she could handle herself. But when he read the next piece of paper, his heart sank. With a disapproving look, he said "And the male Tribute shall be Mr. Baggins." Bilbo looked up quizzically. "Mr. FRODO Baggins.", Gandalf clarified. "NO! MASTER FRODO!", that was Sam. "I VOLUNTEER!", he proudly shouted. "No, Sam, you can't! I must do this.", Frodo said with confidence. "It is done, Frodo.", Gandalf said with an air of sympathy. "No more shall be said.", he gestured to Sam "I always knew you had it in you, Mr. Gamgee. Please join Tauriel on the War Horse over there." Sam trudged through the mud over to the horse Gandalf had indicated, and Tauriel handed him a bow to grab onto. She pulled him onto the back of the pitch-black horse, as it regarded Gandalf with red eyes that glowed like embers. It snorted at him, and Gandalf recoiled in fear...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------