Section 5.1 of Chapter 5: Departures and Travels

5.1 - On the Hogwarts Express-HP:

               As the countryside flew by them outside the window, Rose looked up from her books and sighed. Researching came naturally to her, so though she had no problem with poring over a trilogy of books specifically about the Hunger Games, she couldn't enjoy it as much without the presence of her family. Scorpius came back from getting snacks, and he opened the door while haphazardly balancing a bunch of candy bags and other snacks. Naturally, he tripped. Rose looked at him and laughed, as Scorpius got up, blushing furiously. Rose bent down to help him, and Scorpius noticed she wasn't her usual talkative self. "What's wrong?", he asked, concerned. Rose wasted no time in blurting "Nothing." Scorpius raised an eyebrow, so Rose rolled her eyes "No, really. These books by the Muggle Suzanne Collins are really helping me take my mind off my family. So that's good. Have you done your research on the Hunger Games yet? Scorpius replied wearily "Yes, of course. In fact, I need a break. Know any good authors so I can read some of the books you brought?" Rose beamed "SO glad you asked. Let's see, apart from Suzanne Collins... Well that Reporter J.K. Rowling had a good account of the Wizarding World! Who else... I thoroughly enjoyed Rick Riordan's works, as well as Cassandra Clare's, J.R.R. Tolkien's, and James Dashner's. Give 'em a try, but I have a sneaking suspicion that their books also are depictions of true events..." Scorpius opened his mouth in shock, intrigued, and waited for Rose to continue. "Well, there is the matter of the stories being far too similar to our own happenings. Then, there is the description of all the characters. They seem so real!" Scorpius laughed "Rose, they're in books and are supposed to be real." Rose said "But then the Pact members, nobody knows of their origin, or how some have certain powers while others don't. Coincidence? I think not." Scorpius gave in "Fine, fine. So what if these stories are real or not? I still fail to see how this would help us in the Hunger Games to come." Rose thought for a moment, then put her head in her hands. "I don't know, Scorpius."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------